Don't freak...

seskasennia

New Metal Member
Apr 12, 2002
Visit site
Sometimes evergrey gets a little boring, they only give "us" half of what they could, I think... It's like playing drums with only one stick...Don't freak out on me now, I'm just wondering what it is about evergrey that makes you love them so much. I'm not saying that I don't like them, cause I do...

xa.ax:)

The reason I love Evergrey is simple : They play music that moves me emotionally. It's dark, powerful and hauntingly beautiful at the same time and most important of all, it's unique. They have created their own style and that is a true blessing in these times of clones.

I think you`re totally wrong about Evergrey. I know that they put everything they have in their music....why shouldn`t they ??? Like every musicians do when they write music.
If you ask me and the rest of the fans....We think Evergrey has is all !!!!

Hi Carina!
Couldn't have said it better than you and Strahd: we think it has it all! And it's one of those bands that enchants me and I can listen to it for a LONG time. Once I put one CD in, I keep repeating it or go pop in the others as well!! So.. nothing boring in it for me:)

Maybe Evergrey doesn't hit you like it does the rest of us... but you certainly cannot accuse them of putting forth a half-assed effort. They give it their all. For me, Evergrey creates some of the most emotional, passionate, powerful and beautiful music I have ever heard. They are perfect right where they are.

I didn't mean it like that, really...
It's nothing wrong in what they do, it's just that, I don't know, maybe they just didn't entrap me, like others´have...
I didn't mean to hurt anybodys' feelings, I'm not accusing them, none of you either...
Maybe it takes a little time to discover their true value...

xa.ax

Hi Seskasennia!

I don't think you have offended anyone, and you have just tried to explain how you feel about Evergrey.

Sometimes a band just doesn't grab you like it seems to grab others, it happens. Even when they have all the right ingredients. I know several bands that I 'only like' and that others are totally crazy about. And I can't put a finger on it why. Sometimes there's just a certain spark missing, and that's totally personal.

So maybe it'll come in time, and maybe it won't. The most important thing is that you do know bands that really capture you, regardless what band or style even, cause a heart not filled with music is a pretty empty one I think ;)

NP: Into Eternity - Into Eternity

Originally posted by Marlies
The most important thing is that you do know bands that really capture you, regardless what band or style even, cause a heart not filled with music is a pretty empty one I think ;)

Wise words there, Marlies! :)

Originally posted by Strahd
The reason I love Evergrey is simple : They play music that moves me emotionally. It's dark, powerful and hauntingly beautiful at the same time and most important of all, it's unique. They have created their own style and that is a true blessing in these times of clones.

I agree. Totally. That's how I feel too.