Don't Stop...

Range? Singing like a girl makes you metal? Joey is kinda flat on half that song anyways. i guess i'm not metal i prefer my bands to have men singing, like Machine Head, Pantera, Slipknot, Faith No More, Living Color, Sevendust, Testament, Slayer etc etc..

Living Color? Slipknot? Sevendust?

Those are more metal than Dickinson? King Diamond? Halford?

Really!?!?!

Are you freakin' insane?

Iron Maiden is a metal band, through and through. As are Judas Priest. And don't even get me started on Mercyful Fate and King Diamond, which are total metal.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy singers that do not have that range as well. I love Slayer, Motorhead and a bevy of death and black metal acts like Amon Amarth, Deicide, Morbid Angel, Emperor and Immortal. But, you absolutely can not say that just because someone has a large range and uses it, they are not metal.

Some of the best metal bands of all times have vocalists with range. Hell, even Pantera, whom you mentioned, exhibits range especially in their early stuff. Take a listen to Cemetary Gates or anything off of Power Metal. Phil sings high and low on that album.

Range? Singing like a girl makes you metal? Joey is kinda flat on half that song anyways. i guess i'm not metal i prefer my bands to have men singing, like Machine Head, Pantera, Slipknot, Faith No More, Living Color, Sevendust, Testament, Slayer etc etc..
I'll take "kinda flat" over MONOTONE any day of the week.

Fuck Slipknot. Fuck everything about them. Oh, and Mike Patton is as overrated a songwriter as there ever was.

Great. Joey is just amazing. He has an awesome range, something Bush lacks, an awesome stage presence and is the perfect vocalist for Anthrax.

It is awesome to hear Joey show off his range. I don't understand the Joey-haters disparaging it, as if a big range is a bad thing. Are you a bunch of idiots? What, a big range means you are not a metal vocalist?

Might I remind you fools of Dickinson? How about Halford? Or, the king of range, King Diamond? Wanna say they aren't "metal"? Go ahead and do that, it will just prove you are fools, beyond a shadow of a doubt.

I keep hearing this stupid range argument. Joey does not have any more range then John. Joey sings High..... why does that mean range. Range means you can sing both high and low notes. listening to Joey try to sing low is hilarious, like when a five year old trys to sound like a big man.
Best example... Preacher voice in "Make me Laugh"
There are lots of singers out there with a big range..... you're fucking on CraCk if you think Joey is one of them.

Go listen to "Power Metal" from Pantera, tell me that isn't singing like a girl. Living Color? He looks and sounds like a bitch. Sevendust? Lejon sounds like a chick in most of his songs.

Joey is kinda flat on half of this song? Really? Do you think John Bush could have sang this Journey song better than Joey did? Joey has pleny of range. Have you heard the album called Peristence of Time? He has 'lows' in that album and doesn't sound anything like on Spreading the Disease. He only was part of the best Anthrax albums in their history.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Something new on the board............
Realy audacious, never heard before :

A debate about "who is the better singer for Anthrax: John or Joey?"

Fuckin' awesome idea!!! :devil:

Go listen to "Power Metal" from Pantera, tell me that isn't singing like a girl. Living Color? He looks and sounds like a bitch. Sevendust? Lejon sounds like a chick in most of his songs.

Joey is kinda flat on half of this song? Really? Do you think John Bush could have sang this Journey song better than Joey did? Joey has pleny of range. Have you heard the album called Peristence of Time? He has 'lows' in that album and doesn't sound anything like on Spreading the Disease. He only was part of the best Anthrax albums in their history.

Power Metal is aweful and they only got real big when he stopped singing like a bitch. you picked the black singers to rag on i think thats more of a rasict thing on your part.
Yes joey is flat alot lately, and by your sandards who sings journey better makes your more metal? I grew up listening to 80's music and became a fan of Anthrax with Joey but i liked the music more than the girly singing. Thats why i'm glad bands like Pantera stopped screaming like girls, could you imagine if phil sang like that on the rest of the albums?
Diamond Daryl or Dimebag Daryl - which guy was more metal?

Power Metal is aweful and they only got real big when he stopped singing like a bitch. you picked the black singers to rag on i think thats more of a rasict thing on your part.
Yes joey is flat alot lately, and by your sandards who sings journey better makes your more metal? I grew up listening to 80's music and became a fan of Anthrax with Joey but i liked the music more than the girly singing. Thats why i'm glad bands like Pantera stopped screaming like girls, could you imagine if phil sang like that on the rest of the albums?
Diamond Daryl or Dimebag Daryl - which guy was more metal?

Again, what about Cemetary Gates? What about Rob Halford? What about Bruce Dickinson and King Diamond? I challenge you find someone "more metal" than those. Excepting, possibly, Lemmy there are no people on the face of the earth more "metal" than those three. Yet, they sing high and with a huge range.

Being able to sing Journey does not make one more, or less metal. It just means that they have a nice range to work with, something John Bush does not. That isn't really a bad thing on John's part, its just the truth. I love John in Armored Saint and there are a few Anthrax songs with Bush that I enjoy but there is no denying that he lacks the range of Belladonna.

For what its worth, I think John, in his own way, is just as "metal" as Belladonna. I just think Belladonna is the better vocalist for Anthrax.

By the way, your asinine cry of racism is idiotic and symptomatic of someone who has no real argument and resorts to idiotic name calling to attempt to get the conversation off-topic. Of course, it seems that is the only way you can have a chance of keeping up. Go put on your big boy pants and attempt to be an adult.

Again, what about Cemetary Gates? What about Rob Halford? What about Bruce Dickinson and King Diamond? I challenge you find someone "more metal" than those. Excepting, possibly, Lemmy there are no people on the face of the earth more "metal" than those three. Yet, they sing high and with a huge range.

Being able to sing Journey does not make one more, or less metal. It just means that they have a nice range to work with, something John Bush does not. That isn't really a bad thing on John's part, its just the truth. I love John in Armored Saint and there are a few Anthrax songs with Bush that I enjoy but there is no denying that he lacks the range of Belladonna.

For what its worth, I think John, in his own way, is just as "metal" as Belladonna. I just think Belladonna is the better vocalist for Anthrax.

By the way, your asinine cry of racism is idiotic and symptomatic of someone who has no real argument and resorts to idiotic name calling to attempt to get the conversation off-topic. Of course, it seems that is the only way you can have a chance of keeping up. Go put on your big boy pants and attempt to be an adult.

Well said!

You know in a debate on if sounding or acting like a chick makes you more metal and rob halford is brought in i could say a thing or two but i have to much respect for him. I grew up on all this music and it is just my preference but i prefered bands like Black Sabbath to Iron Maiden. I enjoyed the music but the drag queen scene just felt alittle wrong to me, and i was glad when bands stopped singing as high as they could. They have there place and i have great respect for the forefathers of metal but i'm glad music evolved. Yes i liked bush better but i actually don't want him singing for Anthrax anymore either, i would of like to seen what Dan Nelson could of done, but i just think its time for Anthrax to get a New singer that more fitting to todays metal. Not only for the reason that i'd like to see Anthrax put out a album like the last Machine Head album, but because i'm sick of the dramafest that has been Anthrax ever since they tried to bring joey back the first time and he demanded a buttload of money. It's been a on and off thing ever since. John has been the bigger person threw it all and i'm glad he didn't comeback after this and thats the only reason joey is in, we all know its not gonna last and how other band members feel. I would of liked to remember joey in his glory days not for what this has become and how its gonna end.

You know in a debate on if sounding or acting like a chick makes you more metal and rob halford is brought in i could say a thing or two but i have to much respect for him. I grew up on all this music and it is just my preference but i prefered bands like Black Sabbath to Iron Maiden. I enjoyed the music but the drag queen scene just felt alittle wrong to me, and i was glad when bands stopped singing as high as they could. They have there place and i have great respect for the forefathers of metal but i'm glad music evolved. Yes i liked bush better but i actually don't want him singing for Anthrax anymore either, i would of like to seen what Dan Nelson could of done, but i just think its time for Anthrax to get a New singer that more fitting to todays metal. Not only for the reason that i'd like to see Anthrax put out a album like the last Machine Head album, but because i'm sick of the dramafest that has been Anthrax ever since they tried to bring joey back the first time and he demanded a buttload of money. It's been a on and off thing ever since. John has been the bigger person threw it all and i'm glad he didn't comeback after this and thats the only reason joey is in, we all know its not gonna last and how other band members feel. I would of liked to remember joey in his glory days not for what this has become and how its gonna end.

You make absolutely no sense. I can see why you must resort to name calling in any debate you have.

Sabbath over Priest? Fair enough. Take a listen to War Pigs sometime, I am not sure but it seems to me Ozzy is singing fairly high pitched in that song. Damn that drag queen Ozzy. He is not metal.

Other than that, I am done with you. You make little sense, are unable to string together a coherent thought and resort to name calling and "drag queen" references to make your "point".

You make absolutely no sense. I can see why you must resort to name calling in any debate you have.

Sabbath over Priest? Fair enough. Take a listen to War Pigs sometime, I am not sure but it seems to me Ozzy is singing fairly high pitched in that song. Damn that drag queen Ozzy. He is not metal.

Other than that, I am done with you. You make little sense, are unable to string together a coherent thought and resort to name calling and "drag queen" references to make your "point".

oh ozzy sang a high note in one of his songs, pantera made a album called powermetal where he sang really high. ok ok like i've said thats great i listened to the stuff, i bought the albums, shit i even had the hair in the 80's and played in a band covering stuff from metallica to slaughter in the early 90's but that was 20-30 years ago. I just PREFER to hear where metal is goin not where its been. I always have prefered trash vocals like chuck billy to joey belladonna.
Listen to what you want. Like what you want. I will do the same.

As far as the drag queen goes look at the cover of poison's look what the cat dragged in. In my opinion thats a drag queen, i'm not putting it down if a man wants to dress as a woman thats his business just not my thing, and alot of bands did that in the 80's and i'm glad its not what alot of them do anymore.

oh p.s
Joey wears skinny jeans.

oh ozzy sang a high note in one of his songs, pantera made a album called powermetal where he sang really high. ok ok like i've said thats great i listened to the stuff, i bought the albums, shit i even had the hair in the 80's and played in a band covering stuff from metallica to slaughter in the early 90's but that was 20-30 years ago. I just PREFER to hear where metal is goin not where its been. I always have prefered trash vocals like chuck billy to joey belladonna.
Listen to what you want. Like what you want. I will do the same.

As far as the drag queen goes look at the cover of poison's look what the cat dragged in. In my opinion thats a drag queen, i'm not putting it down if a man wants to dress as a woman thats his business just not my thing, and alot of bands did that in the 80's and i'm glad its not what alot of them do anymore.

oh p.s
Joey wears skinny jeans.

Are you honestly comparing Poison to Anthrax, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden and the like? Wow. You are hopeless.

Heres a little clue:

Poison is glam.

Anthrax is not and never was, no matter who the vocalist was.

Judas Priest is not and never was.

Iron Maiden is not and never was.

Pantera....

Well, okay, Pantera was once upon a time. :D

well to be honest from someone that didn't grow up listen to that god awful stuff you call metal the vocals on those albums are the worst thing about those albums. Evey thing about those albums are great; bass, guitar, and drums but the vocals are garbage. Grats to the singers of that time you could sing like someone was stepping all over your nuts. It wasn't high pitched crap that saved metal it was vocals that dug deep and had emotion behind them. Now if i grew up in the 80s like some people in this post did then i might agree with high pitched vocals being metal but I didn't and thank god for small favors. As far as belladona better then John only someone that is smoking a ton of crack would say belladona is better. John made Anthrax who they are today not belladona. Belladona had what that insane song I can't even remember the name, cause musically it was a good song vocally it was garbage. To conclude; if you were referring to the 80s as that high pitched crap being metal then yes you would be right, but if you are saying for the whole genre you would be wrong. Wake up from your 80s dream and come back to present time whiich is 2010 where high pitch vocals are thought of 80s BULLSHIT.

John made Anthrax who they are today not belladona.

Well despite all of the absurd things you say this is the only thing you have said that is correct. John Bush's era of Anthrax definitely turned them into the irrelevant band that they are today. The Bush era took Anthrax from being one of the greatest thrash metal bands of all time to a band that was on the brink of extinction. A band that couldn't hold a record label, a band that nobody wanted to sing for. A band that the guitar player left, the bass player left. The John Bush era of Anthrax certainly is responsible for the decline in the success of the band that we see today.

Fortunately Joey decided to bail out John Bush and the rest of the band and come in and sing to keep thing going. Now there will be another Era of Anthrax. Hopefully this time the rest of the band can write some quality thrash songs. I have no doubt Joey will deliver. If you think Joey sang too high on Persistence of Time you are nuts. John Bush isn't exactly Chris Barnes. He is a high pitched vocalist as well, he just didn't have any range and couldn't sing fast songs.

Well despite all of the absurd things you say this is the only thing you have said that is correct. John Bush's era of Anthrax definitely turned them into the irrelevant band that they are today. The Bush era took Anthrax from being one of the greatest thrash metal bands of all time to a band that was on the brink of extinction. A band that couldn't hold a record label, a band that nobody wanted to sing for. A band that the guitar player left, the bass player left. The John Bush era of Anthrax certainly is responsible for the decline in the success of the band that we see today.

Fortunately Joey decided to bail out John Bush and the rest of the band and come in and sing to keep thing going. Now there will be another Era of Anthrax. Hopefully this time the rest of the band can write some quality thrash songs. I have no doubt Joey will deliver. If you think Joey sang too high on Persistence of Time you are nuts. John Bush isn't exactly Chris Barnes. He is a high pitched vocalist as well, he just didn't have any range and couldn't sing fast songs.

Exactly.

The John Bush era destroyed Anthrax. They went from relevancy to a "Where Are They Now?" VH1 segment. While Anthrax disintegrated into obscurity, Slayer, Megadeth and Metallica all soldiered on and continued to sell records.

You can hate all you want but, in the end, Belladonna will always be remembered by the majority of metal fans as the vocalist for Anthrax. John Bush will always be remembered as the vocalist that sang during Anthrax's decline into obscurity.

belladona on Anthrax record... I take all the music tracks of a Anthrax song then i go grab my cat and take it out in the backyard and record me kicking the cat all over the yard.. bam i have belladona's vocals for a song

I'm not comparing the music, i'm comparing the singing and style. The all tease the hair, wore alittle makeup and tried to sing like a girl.

bush killed anthrax? or did the rise of grunge and rap kill the whole trash scene and almost metal altogether. Ask anyone who didn't stuff there spandex in the 80's which they liked better and they will say bush.

Joey bail out john? if i remember right john was man enough once to share the spotlight and joey pulled a bitch move, then the next time bush even gracefully stepped aside for joey and then the band didn't want him they got dan nelson, that didnt work but when they asked john back he declined so they ask asked joey, ya joey the man to save anthrax just like the return of halford or any reunion put those bands back on top of the charts. The era is dead and is only good as a fond memory.

belladona on Anthrax record... I take all the music tracks of a Anthrax song then i go grab my cat and take it out in the backyard and record me kicking the cat all over the yard.. bam i have belladona's vocals for a song

I might buy that album before i buy another Belladonna record.

well to be honest from someone that didn't grow up listen to that god awful stuff you call metal the vocals on those albums are the worst thing about those albums. Evey thing about those albums are great; bass, guitar, and drums but the vocals are garbage. Grats to the singers of that time you could sing like someone was stepping all over your nuts. It wasn't high pitched crap that saved metal it was vocals that dug deep and had emotion behind them. Now if i grew up in the 80s like some people in this post did then i might agree with high pitched vocals being metal but I didn't and thank god for small favors. As far as belladona better then John only someone that is smoking a ton of crack would say belladona is better. John made Anthrax who they are today not belladona. Belladona had what that insane song I can't even remember the name, cause musically it was a good song vocally it was garbage. To conclude; if you were referring to the 80s as that high pitched crap being metal then yes you would be right, but if you are saying for the whole genre you would be wrong. Wake up from your 80s dream and come back to present time whiich is 2010 where high pitch vocals are thought of 80s BULLSHIT.

Im not even going to dignify this post with a serious response. :puke: