Don't Stop...

belladona on Anthrax record... I take all the music tracks of a Anthrax song then i go grab my cat and take it out in the backyard and record me kicking the cat all over the yard.. bam i have belladona's vocals for a song

Just one question for you. Have you ever heard the album called "Persistence of Time?"

Corey Taylor a man? 'I push my fingers into my eyes, it's the only thing that slowly stops the ache'. Nothing but emo bitch music for 12 year olds. Having a high singing voice is not singing like a woman, that's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

I love the fact that the title of this thread is "Don't stop...", cause this debate never will :)

Joey is currently singning for Anthrax. Good stuff. I hope that means that a new album comes out soon. John and Joey are both good vocalists, some prefer John others prefer Joey...so what? I know plenty of singers that can outsing both of them. Better range more intensty more variation (Devin Townsend for example).

I'm looking forward to a new album by Anthrax, the band. If a new album is released, and people don't like it because of the singing - don't buy it.

(However, I do prefer John's lack of hair to Joey's mullet. Does that make me a hair-racist?)

I just figured it out, make Billy Milano the lead singer of anthrax, hahaha. that be a another fun episode in this soap opera.

Oh, cool. I didn't know hair length was metal. But you're right. Yanni and Michael Bolton are metal. They have long hair.:rolleyes:

Probably the only thing I will ever agree with you on. I can care less if someone has long hair or not. I have a shaved head and have been a metalhead my entire life. Hair has nothing to do with how metal someone is. In fact I think a lot of long hair dudes are rediculous. Especially those idiots that are in the audience and flip their hair around and think it's still 1985 where you bang your head for an hour while your hair is flipping back and forth.

Being able to sing a Journey song does NOT equal range when your voice sounds similar to begin with (except unable to stay in key as well as Steve Perry).

Do you really think Joey has no range? Really? I know you are in love with John Bush, but why do you hate Joey so much? There is no denying that Joey has a great vocal range. He is a professional singer. And yes in this clip of him doing Journey he displays a lot of range. Do you really think your boyfriend John Bush could pull that song off?

Out of curiosity what is your affiliation with with John Bush? I am a huge Joey Era Anthrax fan, it has something to do with Joey but mainly because the music Anthrax produced during that era to me is far superior to anything they have done with John Bush. I don't think many people actually hate John Bush as you seem to hate Joey B. It is just that Anthrax's music with John Bush changed so drastically that it didn't sound like "Anthrax" anymore.

You need to also realize that John Bush was asked to come back. He declined. He doesn't want to be in the band. So you need to either accept the fact that Anthrax is back with Joey or just move along and pout somewhere else.

maidenfan and esloan have to be the biggest nut huggers ever.
Seriously, I get and understand your opinion because you post it 10 times a day. "Joey is the true voice of Antrax. Joey has much better range. Joey's voice is audible fucking chocolate. Bush is a good singer but not for Anthrax. His voice is monotone. I listened to all the songs and didn't like them, thus proving they suck"
Blah blah bla, concert tickets and record sales numbers. I'm clearly right. If they never changed they would be as big as metallica today.

For christ's fucking sake enough already. You two sound like the same type of asshole who rips a 15 year old kid for wearing a master of puppets shirt because they are not as metal as you.

Morons. Shut it already.

Seriously, I get and understand your opinion because you post it 10 times a day. "Joey is the true voice of Antrax. Joey has much better range. Joey's voice is audible fucking chocolate. Bush is a good singer but not for Anthrax. His voice is monotone. I listened to all the songs and didn't like them, thus proving they suck"
Blah blah bla, concert tickets and record sales numbers. I'm clearly right. If they never changed they would be as big as metallica today.

For christ's fucking sake enough already. You two sound like the same type of asshole who rips a 15 year old kid for wearing a master of puppets shirt because they are not as metal as you.

Morons. Shut it already.

Yes, I post my opinion ten times a day. Which is kinda funny considering I have a grand total of 26 posts, before this one, since becoming a member in mid-July. I'm not sure but I think that averages 1.24 posts per day.

Yep, that 1.24 posts per day is obviously spamming the forums. That is entirely too much. I mean, 1.24 posts per day is sooooo close to 10 posts per day, right?

Moron.

Morons. Shut it already.

You must be that 15 year old kid wearing the master of puppets shirt :lol:

For one I have never said John Bush sucked. You and several others are taking this as a diss on John. This really isn't a debate about Joey Vs. John vocally as much as it is about Anthrax's music in the different eras. If Anthrax put out another masterpiece thrash album MUSICALLY and John Bush was singing on it that would be great. But it just so happens that the albums Anthrax put out with John Bush were a huge change in over all sound. From brilliant thrash to a more grungy / power grove sound.

I don't see why you hate Joey so much. He literally has saved this band. John Bush didn't want to come back. If Joey didn't step back in this band would be done. The band is now getting some publicity and will be taking things to the next level.

The band members thought John was some kind of Phil Anselmo and wanted to write music more like Pantera but failed miserably at doing so.

You can not like joey for what ever reason but don't sit here and say he has no range. That just proves you are are clueless about vocalists.

You Joey haters seem to be the ones that are continually bashing Joey

Do you really think Joey has no range? Really? I know you are in love with John Bush, but why do you hate Joey so much? There is no denying that Joey has a great vocal range. He is a professional singer. And yes in this clip of him doing Journey he displays a lot of range. Do you really think your boyfriend John Bush could pull that song off?

Out of curiosity what is your affiliation with with John Bush? I am a huge Joey Era Anthrax fan, it has something to do with Joey but mainly because the music Anthrax produced during that era to me is far superior to anything they have done with John Bush. I don't think many people actually hate John Bush as you seem to hate Joey B. It is just that Anthrax's music with John Bush changed so drastically that it didn't sound like "Anthrax" anymore.

You need to also realize that John Bush was asked to come back. He declined. He doesn't want to be in the band. So you need to either accept the fact that Anthrax is back with Joey or just move along and pout somewhere else.

I have no affiliation with John Bush. I just think he's an awesome singer, I love his voice. One of my favorite metal singers ever.

I NEVER liked Joey's voice, it's the weak point of the pre-John Bush era material. The music was badass, but they had a fucking terrible singer. And it's NOT because I don't like that '80s higher pitched style of singing. I love Bruce Dickinson. But Bruce Dickinson can sing IN KEY and have some fucking conviction and balls to his voice when he wants to. Joey just sounds like a fucking awful cheeseball cartoon at all times and constantly drifts in and out of key. I know tons about vocalists and listen to tons of different styles of music. Take one listen to Alive 2 without laughing. If you can do that, you are the one who knows nothing about singing. He has a higher pitched voice but that does not equal range. Anytime he actually tries to go higher or lower, his key wavers like a sonofabitch. He doesn't know his own limits and has no taste or feeling to his voice.

John doesn't have a ton of range these days (had a lot more range when he was younger in Armored Saint - who, by the way, I don't like as much as Bush era Anthrax)....but for the mostpart he knows his strengths and sticks to them.

And image isn't that big of a deal to me, but Joey even LOOKS like a complete cheeseball. Hasn't changed since 1985. Still rocks the poodle mullet. I could get past that if his vocals ruled - but they fuckin' don't. So it's just another thing to add ontop of the already laughable vocals. He's EMBARRASSING in 2010. Period.

I know John is the one who chose not to come back. But lets not pretend that Joey was the first choice here. He's the singer by default and nothing more.

But lets not pretend that Joey was the first choice here. He's the singer by default and nothing more.

Indeed. Something a lot of the posters around here, wish to deny. The guts of Anthrax (Scott & Charlie) know this to be true. But since Bush was screwed with and has different priorities, they SETTLED for Joey.

Facts, however you wish to view it.