Don't Stop...

John Bush is very monotone and most of his vocals sound the same.

John Bush joined to the band when downhill on every album they put out with him.

Oh, and I love this gem

On this forum there are a ton of kids that didn't even know about Anthrax until they heard a John Bush era song. They can't possibly know what it was like to be an Anthrax fan back then and then to see the band go in the direction they went.

Bush is very monotone and has very little range

Blah blah blah, as far as me hating on Joey?

All the clowns saying Joey is a weak front man have some learning to do. He can hold a room.

The point is both of these men are very talented singers, accoplished musicians, and commanding performers

Joey has a great voice. He's a strong front man though the half mic stand needs to go.

You seem to be so hell bent on how bad the bush era sucked and how everyone should fall into line with your opinion. Music doesn't work that way. And it shouldn't. Be a man and just face up to the fact that some people like and *gasp* prefer the bush era music. Record and concert ticket sales be dammed. Some people prefer Bush's voice over Joey's even on some of or all the Joey era songs. Prefer.

I can't speak for everyone but I grew up on the Bush era tunes. I remember walking to work when I was 16 jamming SOWN on tape. I crossed the finish line at the Chicago Marathon for the first time while "Any Place but Here" was on my IPOD. These songs hold some value in my world. Does this take away from Joey's skills in anyway? No. I remember seeing the reunion tour in Chicago and then jammin POT in my car for days. It didn't take away from the John era at all.

I get you prefer Joey. Nothing wrong with that, but you spend more time shitting on music people like than saying anything of any real merrit. Cut the shit, put on your big girl panties and just agree to disagree. I think just about everyone wants to here something new from the band.

Indeed. Something a lot of the posters around here, wish to deny. The guts of Anthrax (Scott & Charlie) know this to be true. But since Bush was screwed with and has different priorities, they SETTLED for Joey.

Facts, however you wish to view it.

Scott and Charlie are idiots if they really think their career would have continued on if John Bush came back. Scott and Charlie fucked Anthrax up when they decided to bring in John Bush in the first place. The metal gods have spoken and hopefully Scott and Charlie still know how to write good Thrash songs. I don't care how good Joey is on this next record, if Scott and Charlie want to keep writing Power Grove Nu Metal garbage riffs it will flop just like the past 3 albums did.

I have no affiliation with John Bush. I just think he's an awesome singer, I love his voice. One of my favorite metal singers ever.

Joey just sounds like a fucking awful cheeseball cartoon at all times and constantly drifts in and out of key. I.

Thats just total bullshit. Drifts in and out of key? Are you retarded? Have you heard the album Persistence of Time? Just curious where the high pitched poodle sound that drifts in and out of key is?

Please provide me with track names and times if you really want to back up your statements

I will be waiting...

Thats just total bullshit. Drifts in and out of key? Are you retarded? Have you heard the album Persistence of Time? Just curious where the high pitched poodle sound that drifts in and out of key is?

Please provide me with track names and times if you really want to back up your statements

I will be waiting...

He drifts in and out of key LIVE. Not in the studio where he had as many takes as he wanted. He still sounds like a goofy pussy in the studio, pitch aside.

I don't fucking LIKE his goddamned terrible voice. Period. Nothing you say can change my opinion that John Bush rules and Blowie Primadonna sucks. So move on with it.

He drifts in and out of key LIVE. Not in the studio where he had as many takes as he wanted. He still sounds like a goofy pussy in the studio, pitch aside.

I don't fucking LIKE his goddamned terrible voice. Period. Nothing you say can change my opinion that John Bush rules and Blowie Primadonna sucks. So move on with it.

Boo-hoo.

Umad?

Not mad, just emphasizing my point.

I really don't care. I couldn't care less whether you like Belladonna or not, really I couldn't. I am happy that he is back in the band and they will be making a new album with him.

In the end, I am sorry your choice didn't make it, it sucks for you. Now you have to go through the same damn hell I went through when Bush was in the band. It sucks when one of your favorite bands gets a singer you don't like and makes music you don't enjoy. I went through it for many years with Anthrax.

Now its your turn.

Unfortunately for you, this is probably the last incarnation of Anthrax. It is what the majority want, it will make Scott, Charlie and company money and allow them to close out their careers on a high note. I know it is no consolation to you but there it is.

I really don't care. I couldn't care less whether you like Belladonna or not, really I couldn't. I am happy that he is back in the band and they will be making a new album with him.

In the end, I am sorry your choice didn't make it, it sucks for you. Now you have to go through the same damn hell I went through when Bush was in the band. It sucks when one of your favorite bands gets a singer you don't like and makes music you don't enjoy. I went through it for many years with Anthrax.

Now its your turn.

Unfortunately for you, this is probably the last incarnation of Anthrax. It is what the majority want, it will make Scott, Charlie and company money and allow them to close out their careers on a high note. I know it is no consolation to you but there it is.

It's gonna do the same fuckin' business they did with John. Just like the 2005 reunion tour did. No more, no less. It keeps the band in business though, so for those that like both singers (or even just Joey), congrats I guess. The only "big shows" they're ever going to do are festivals - festivals of which they would have done with John anyway. Same with the Big 4. Surely, Joey was the singer during the glory days of the Big 4, and to a large extent really does deserve to be there - but Joey is no big savior, in a sense that they're going to be making way more cash just because he's there - they'd have been on the tour with either singer, it doesn't change a thing. In fact, Hetfield's a big John Bush fan. Joey IS, however, a savior, in the sense that if he wouldn't have rejoined, there'd have been no singer, and the band would be done.

I In fact, Hetfield's a big John Bush fan. Joey IS, however, a savior, in the sense that if he wouldn't have rejoined, there'd have been no singer, and the band would be done.

Hetfield is a fucking pussy himself. Metallica are the biggest sellouts in history of heavy metal music. Talk about a singer that has lost his voice...

And yes you are right, without Joey there would be no Anthrax. There would have been no John Bush era if it wasn't for how amazing Anthrax was in the 80's and early 90's with Joey. The Joey era is the only reason you ever got to hear any Anthrax records with John Bush. You should be grateful for that. If Anthrax put out any albums like Stomp or Volume 8 they would have been dropped after their first release. Fortunately their Name carried over the past decade and kept them surviving enough to put out another record with Joey. If they would have just recorded their album with Joey like they were supposed to after the Reunion tour we'd already have a few new Anthrax albums out.

Long story short. This IS Anthrax now. Either embrace it or just shut the fuck up and go listen to Armored Saint or the garbage John Bush era Anthrax albums

:kickass::kickass:

Have you heard the album "Persistence of Time" I'd like you to show me his high pitched poodle vocals as you say. In the early 80's that was his style. That was how most all Thrash bands sounded. Anthrax still stood out. Joey naturally progressed. On Persistence of Time he sounded deeper than any John Bush album. He would have continued to progress and go a bit with the times, just as he will on the next album.

Oh yeah, have you heard the album "Persistence of Time?" Just curious

Can we please get some concert attendance figures from both eras? And I mean some real ones, not the Ohio big room/little room bullshit from Deege. They have figures from the Joey reunion on Blabbermouth, but I am so curious to see how well the almighty Bush did.

I have no affiliation with John Bush. I just think he's an awesome singer, I love his voice. One of my favorite metal singers ever.

I NEVER liked Joey's voice, it's the weak point of the pre-John Bush era material. The music was badass, but they had a fucking terrible singer. And it's NOT because I don't like that '80s higher pitched style of singing. I love Bruce Dickinson. But Bruce Dickinson can sing IN KEY and have some fucking conviction and balls to his voice when he wants to. Joey just sounds like a fucking awful cheeseball cartoon at all times and constantly drifts in and out of key. I know tons about vocalists and listen to tons of different styles of music. Take one listen to Alive 2 without laughing. If you can do that, you are the one who knows nothing about singing. He has a higher pitched voice but that does not equal range. Anytime he actually tries to go higher or lower, his key wavers like a sonofabitch. He doesn't know his own limits and has no taste or feeling to his voice.

John doesn't have a ton of range these days (had a lot more range when he was younger in Armored Saint - who, by the way, I don't like as much as Bush era Anthrax)....but for the mostpart he knows his strengths and sticks to them.

And image isn't that big of a deal to me, but Joey even LOOKS like a complete cheeseball. Hasn't changed since 1985. Still rocks the poodle mullet. I could get past that if his vocals ruled - but they fuckin' don't. So it's just another thing to add ontop of the already laughable vocals. He's EMBARRASSING in 2010. Period.

I know John is the one who chose not to come back. But lets not pretend that Joey was the first choice here. He's the singer by default and nothing more.

I could probably accept your OPINION, but your statements are total BS

It's you who cannot seem to accept many people think Belladonna rules and Bush sucks. You should have heard the "Joey" chants last Tuesday when they played here in Enschede, would have propably driven you crazy ;-)

It's you who cannot seem to accept many people think Belladonna rules and Bush sucks. You should have heard the "Joey" chants last Tuesday when they played here in Enschede, would have propably driven you crazy ;-)

Really people were chanting Joey? I bet that made him feel good. I bet that also drove Scott Ian nuts :lol:

I don't know that many people think John Bush 'sucks'. But rather they think the John Bush 'era' of Anthrax sucks. Which I happen to be one of those

Have you heard the album "Persistence of Time" I'd like you to show me his high pitched poodle vocals as you say. In the early 80's that was his style. That was how most all Thrash bands sounded. Anthrax still stood out. Joey naturally progressed. On Persistence of Time he sounded deeper than any John Bush album. He would have continued to progress and go a bit with the times, just as he will on the next album.

Oh yeah, have you heard the album "Persistence of Time?" Just curious

I've heard EVERY Anthrax album and song, include all of the rarities. Is his voice deeper on POT? Yes. But that doesn't mean I think it sounds good.

Really people were chanting Joey? I bet that made him feel good. I bet that also drove Scott Ian nuts :lol:

I don't know that many people think John Bush 'sucks'. But rather they think the John Bush 'era' of Anthrax sucks. Which I happen to be one of those

Well I put it a little strong like Mr. Deege does all the time....

And yes you are right, without Joey there would be no Anthrax. There would have been no John Bush era if it wasn't for how amazing Anthrax was in the 80's and early 90's with Joey. The Joey era is the only reason you ever got to hear any Anthrax records with John Bush.

Bullshit. Spreading The Disease and Among The Living would've happened no matter who was singing.