DOOM metal?

Katatonias two first releases, 'jhva elohim meth' and 'dance of december souls' are two great doom-albums. Really Dark. The first named is really hard to get though, if you're not talking about downloading, but I hope you're not :(

I wonder that nobody mentioned fuckin' CROWBAR! Ok they don't play the normal Doom, but Doomcore or Sludgecore! check out songs "December spawn", "Planets collide", "The Lasting Dose", "Empty room" and "Nothing". they had also covered Remember Tomorrow better than Opeth did. And LedZep's No quarter and Gary Whrights Dream Weaver.

Then they recorded some really downtaking experimental Songs: "To touch the hand of god" and "Odd Fellows Rest" where I really wonder about the vocals. You can cry to them!

LordHypnos said:
Candlemass
Saint Vitus
Trouble
EVOKEN
Skepticism
Earth
ESOTERIC
Shape Of Despair
Old Katatonia
Lamented Souls
My Dying Bride
THERGOTHON
Bethlehem
Old Paradise Lost
etc
This is the best list so far. But replace Paradise Lost, My Dying Bride and Cadlemass with Unholy, Winter and Disembowelment.

osse87 said:
Define doom metal, in comparition to death metal.

doom metal is a form of heavy metal.. slower about depresing stuff and weed ahahaha

Solitude Aeturnus is pretty good. I think they're considered doom metal...I don't know, i don't get into all the sub genres & all that shit.:err: Its a metal band:headbang: