Doom

The post metal side of sludge is the best. But i supose sludge isnt much of a subgenre because its just massive.

Check ooowwwt:
Neurosis
Bossk
A Storm of Light
The Ocean
Battle of Mice

Its this side of sludge that i love. The hardcore side isnt my thing.

I'm with Dan... Midnight Mountain >>>>>>>>>>>> Magic Mountain

I don't see how you can like Midnight Mountain more man, Magic Mountain IS Midnight Mountain but with an added Lead Flute.

It's really not man... There's no chorus, for starters. Lee's vocals sound different, the intro's not as good and there's considerably fewer audible bass parts. Still, Magic Mountain is awesome, and Cathedral are one of my very favourite bands.

I'm with Dan... Midnight Mountain >>>>>>>>>>>> Magic Mountain

It's really not man... There's no chorus, for starters. Lee's vocals sound different, the intro's not as good and there's considerably fewer audible bass parts. Still, Magic Mountain is awesome, and Cathedral are one of my very favourite bands.

I wasn't a fan of the chorus anyway. I think the intro's better on Magic, but I do prefer the bass on Midnight

Yeah man, I suppose it's just personal preference. Anyway, Cathedral win maximum points. For everything.

Favourite album?

Yeah, Forest of Equilibrium stands out to me too man. It's their most 'doomy' album for sure, and it was the first Cathedral album I ever heard.

Its just great. Its musically immature but it worked so well that way for some reason. Ive shown you that i have the very origional promo pressing havent i? Love the album to pieces. The promo i have is much more rare than the record but itll never be worth as much as the record, bugger. I want it on vinyl so much.

Its just great. Its musically immature but it worked so well that way for some reason. Ive shown you that i have the very origional promo pressing havent i? Love the album to pieces. The promo i have is much more rare than the record but itll never be worth as much as the record, bugger. I want it on vinyl so much.

Indeed. Musically immature, yet highly, highly original. There's not an album in the world that sounds like Forest of Equilibrium.

You've shown me your promo tape, yeah. It's awesome. I'd love it on vinyl too, I've seen it pop up on eBay a few times, but failed to bag it. It will be ours one day eh?

Here's an example of a few that have gone in the past... They don't go for all that much to be honest man, it's coming across one which is the hard part. I don't think many owners really want to sell them.