Doomcifer's job: official thread

Well, this was one of my first ever runs out on the road, for my first repo position at Colortyme in Providence. Anyway, this bitch was over 30 days past due on, if I remember correctly, a 36" television and something else. Apparently she moved, and by luck, or lack thereof, we get to the joint at the same time as the landlord is about to drill out the lock because he hasnt heard from her in the same amount of time w/o any rent. So the door gets broken into, we go in and it REAKS of just putrid smells (more on that in a bit). Dirty clothes, old trash, just shit EVERYWHERE like a cyclone hit up the apartment. I even saw a pretty good sized rat run across the parlor as I entered the premises. No sign of the television or w/e it was else we were wanting...I think it was some kind of furniture. Go into the other room and there is a dead hamster in it's cage, blood smeared all up the wall. Come to find out she got into a fight with her boyfriend and pulled a knife out and stabbed him in the leg. I opened up the closet, and literally skin & bones...STUCK to the floor was this dead cat. You could tell this was a beautiful cat too...some weird exotic looking cat. But yeah, didnt look so hot, nor did it smell pretty, after being starved to death and it;s flesh becoming one with the floor. So suffice to say, we didnt get our stuff back. :lol: Now mind you, this was during my first 1-2 weeks on the job. Exciting.

Once repoed a living room set that had a rat inside it, unknown to us at the time obviously. Got it's neck caught inside the arm and died, few days later, walking into work me and my friend/coworker are smacked in the face with the odor of rotten flesh within the showroom. So I get down on my knees and sniff it out like a bloodhound which leads me to that specific piece of furniture (couch). My boy grew up in NYC and knew the smell before we even located it. He knew it was a rotten, dead rat. LOL Anyways, it was pretty fucking nasty when we brough tit outisde and ripped the couch open to see the fucking thing. We tried ripping it out by the tail but the tail just ripped right off!! WTF! As soon as, and I mean microseconds, we opened the couch to reveal the dead rodent, hundreds of fucking flies were hovering all around us, making it even worse. Dead heat of the summer. What a job.

Well, this was one of my first ever runs out on the road, for my first repo position at Colortyme in Providence. Anyway, this bitch was over 30 days past due on, if I remember correctly, a 36" television and something else. Apparently she moved, and by luck, or lack thereof, we get to the joint at the same time as the landlord is about to drill out the lock because he hasnt heard from her in the same amount of time w/o any rent. So the door gets broken into, we go in and it REAKS of just putrid smells (more on that in a bit). Dirty clothes, old trash, just shit EVERYWHERE like a cyclone hit up the apartment. I even saw a pretty good sized rat run across the parlor as I entered the premises. No sign of the television or w/e it was else we were wanting...I think it was some kind of furniture. Go into the other room and there is a dead hamster in it's cage, blood smeared all up the wall. Come to find out she got into a fight with her boyfriend and pulled a knife out and stabbed him in the leg. I opened up the closet, and literally skin & bones...STUCK to the floor was this dead cat. You could tell this was a beautiful cat too...some weird exotic looking cat. But yeah, didnt look so hot, nor did it smell pretty, after being starved to death and it;s flesh becoming one with the floor. So suffice to say, we didnt get our stuff back. :lol: Now mind you, this was during my first 1-2 weeks on the job. Exciting.

This reminds me of some stories from a guy that used to remove dead bodies from places. I wonder if I can find them, I think I saved them somewhere.

Where do you work now?

I still picture you and the dude from Orodruin doing repo duties together. In slow, but insanely heavy, lockstep motion.

haha no shit? My old roommate did that for years. He climbed the corporate ladder and then finally started his business instead of working 2o4824249587 hours a week.

He sells broom somewhere in Georgia now. Either that or t-shirts in Moreno Valley.

LOL....I'll remain an SSR/driver as long as I possibly can physically do it. I've been asked what my "aspirations" were and what I see as my future with the company, etc...but fuck that noise.

Oh. Well, my current job is going smoothly I suppose. It's a pain in the ass but what job isn't. Ya know? The positives outweigh the negatives. So, I guess that is a plus.

Thanks for asking.

PS - I'll be more than happy to waive the late fee on your delinquent rental agreement for that bigscreen tv if you make it in by close tomorrow.

So....starting a few months back, Aarons* commercials with that annoying bitch singing "Nobody" a million times have been appearing on EVERY SINGLE major network, during a lot of BIG revenue programs. They never had commercials before, just their logo on Michael Waltrip's nascar car. They must be making some serious bank off this down-turned economy.

*the job where most of these stories have sprung from.

What is this about some chick singing an annoying jingle? Is there a youtube link? I *know* what you're talking about. I just can't picture it.

Speaking of jobs, I have to get a new one and pretty goddam soon. Ultimately, I need to get out of health care completely. Nursing sucks so hard. It's led to so many miseries in my life over the past ten years, not least of which was my affair. Being a masters-prepared nurse practitioner might be a little different in that regard but it depends on where I would practice. I'm pretty close to being done with that degree so it would suck not to finish it. But, meh....I think I'm going to start pursuing everything I've always wanted to do but never thought feasible/werent allowed to.