Gaming Thread

I started playing Ys VIII and it's awesome. I also purchased Ys IX which I will probably get to in 2031 or later.

I am currently stuck on Bloodstained in some fire level thingy. Really just wanna wrap that one up at this point.

i did get ALL the shrines, it was so long ago now that i forget the details but the last 3-4 were hard to find/complete for sure.

i might have looked up one or two puzzle solutions but i tried my hardest not to.

i still think about this game sometimes, god damn it's such an epic experience

I have given in and just looked up the last few.

I saw that Skyward Sword is being re-released on the Switch in July. I played this on the Wii, I don't really recall what my overall opinion on it was, but I will probably buy this re-release. Apparently Nintendo may announce something about BOTW2 tomorrow.

ima be real, i think skyward sword is the weakest of the mainline zeldas

the exploration and sense of freedom that i think has always been the main strength of the zelda series are almost entirely absent from skyward sword, it's got a very strict and linear narrative and it's basically divided into levels, there's no big open world to explore

i also did not really enjoy the motion controls that were its main gimmick

a link to the past > breath of the wild > twilight princess > ocarina of time > wind waker > the legend of zelda > adventure of link > skyward sword

(i have not played majora's mask enough to judge it)

I cant wait to witness the absolute SHIT SHOW that will be the release of Switch Pro. People are going to pay like $1000-2000 for these things, and its gonna last a long time.

i don't know, i have it and i've dipped my toes into it but quit after just an hour or two last time i tried. guess i've been turned off by the time aspect. i really don't like when games have time limits, i want to take my time and explore. i know it's not implemented as a hard time limit where you fail the game and have to restart, but still

some day

i've been turned off by the time aspect. i really don't like when games have time limits

No clue about this game specifically, but I hate it when a game is specifically advertized as endlessly replayable due to the fact that the scenario unfolds in real time and you're bound to miss contents whatever you do. So far I've never come across a game where this device is implemented in a way that is not mildly scam-ish at best, and more likely plain bullshit.

i don't know, i have it and i've dipped my toes into it but quit after just an hour or two last time i tried. guess i've been turned off by the time aspect. i really don't like when games have time limits, i want to take my time and explore. i know it's not implemented as a hard time limit where you fail the game and have to restart, but still

some day

Not sure if this is the case, but it's probably not as attractive if it doesn't have the nostalgia factor. My wife didn't play it back in the day like Ocarina so she doesn't have the same affection for it. I might have played it more than Ocarina.

I didn't initially like the time aspect either (especially because I like to horde items), but you're not powerless since you can manipulate it at will. I like how it provides different little quest storylines that you can follow each set of days. It's a charming little game tbh.

No clue about this game specifically, but I hate it when a game is specifically advertized as endlessly replayable due to the fact that the scenario unfolds in real time and you're bound to miss contents whatever you do. So far I've never come across a game where this device is implemented in a way that is not mildly scam-ish at best, and more likely plain bullshit.
yeah ain't no one got time for that shit, especially as an adult

if i invest time into a game i wanna do it once, see all the things, and be done

Reactions: MFJ