DragonForce album #5

WTF!?!? if it wasn't for dragonforce power metal would basically be dead! even though a lot of people say dragonforce is a representation of power metal it was them that kept it alive! zp theart is an amazing singer! and dragonforce is a great band!!

I disagree with your claim that power metal would be dead if it weren't for Dragonforce. Loads of other bands had already been established just a few years before them that have gone on to become huge, successful acts - Sonata Arctica, Kamelot, and Nightwish to name three off the top of my head. Sure, they may have brought more attention to the genre, but it certainly wouldn't be close to dead if they hadn't appeared.

WTF!?!? if it wasn't for dragonforce power metal would basically be dead! even though a lot of people say dragonforce is a representation of power metal it was them that kept it alive! zp theart is an amazing singer! and dragonforce is a great band!!

Wow just wow. Step back and read that. Lay off the capslock and shift + 1. Power metal does just great with or without DragonForce. There's no way in hell either that band or any other keeps an entire musical genre up on its shoulders. That's just an absurdly ridiculous claim.

haha :D

with zp theart leaving it just wont be the same :(

I'll have to agree with you on this one. With a different singer they might not sound like the DragonForce we've known.

It might be a step like Van Halen made back in the day... you just never know.:kickass:

What's Olaf been up to these days? I thought a 4th Luca Turilli was inbound but obviously Rhapsody stuff keeps Luca busy and Magic Kingdom's Symphony of War is still 'coming soon'. If it would be possible Olaf would be amazing for them

I was more offended that he was upset by the original post he replied to! DF have been doing the same thing every album with little to no originality. Definitely time for a change.

dragonforce needs a little change yes but i still liked zp threart and getting a new singer isn't going to help anything it's probably going to be the same old music but a new vocal sound. i LOVE dragonforce and if the band changes to much it wont be what i fell in love with.

dragonforce needs a little change yes but i still liked zp threart and getting a new singer isn't going to help anything it's probably going to be the same old music but a new vocal sound. i LOVE dragonforce and if the band changes to much it wont be what i fell in love with.

I said as much when PQ changed and Kiwi Steve/Alessio left. Often it seems like a case of ruined forever. But eventually you come to peace with the change and accept it.

Yea, Dom's right. Won't be the same band for me, really, since they were such an important part of my early days when I just got into power metal, but I'm sure I'll enjoy whoever they get. We'll see in a few months, I suppose!

Dragonforce settled for "just okay" after Sonic Firestorm IMO. I think change could be a positive thing for them.