Dragonforce - Inhumane Rampage

I saw their video last night. I've heard of them before as they're on Roadrunner I reckon. I'm sorry guys, I liked Helloween a long time ago and that's where my power metal era ended for me. These guys, Dragonforce, is the funniest thing I've seen and heard in a long time. It's like a ADHD Donald duck-freak kid on steroids and I can't say I think it's good. I find it quite horrible to be honest and the solos are absolutely horrendous. Fast but really really bad and those guys need to concentrate a little bit on their "tone" as opposed to speed. They got the speed nailed down for sure!

This joke has been played on the metal scene so many times already and I aint laughing no more. Do you really think this is "metal"?? Maybe you're right, but if you are, I want out!

Shrug....!
Cheers guys
Mike

There's a few good power metal bands out there. But then again, I guess there the one's that aren't particularly considered Power Metal. Can't say I've heard Dragonforce though, and hence can't really say anything worthwhile here.

Mikael Åkerfeldt said:
Do you really think this is "metal"?? Maybe you're right, but if you are, I want out!

I want out! - to live my life alone
I want out! - leave me be
I want out! - to do things on my own
I want out! - to live my life and to be free

:headbang: ....kinda

Mikael Åkerfeldt said:
I aint laughing no more.

sorry, double post. I just noticed that Mikael has developed a southern accent.:D

and yes, power metal is much lacking. It can be fun, but you can't take it seriously.

Personally i think they are great and have revived the metal (real metal) scene in the UK. If i want emotion i can listen to Opeth and Pink Floyd but if i want a super fast shred fest all in major key i will listen to the mighty Dragonforce! Going to see them tonight and im really excited about it, and Edguy are supporting which is another bonus.

By the way Mike i dont know how you can say thoes things about the leads of Dragonforce when you are a big yngwie malmsteen fan (who i personally find very boring)!

On another note play Bloodstock open air this year Mike,lol!

I saw their video last night. I've heard of them before as they're on Roadrunner I reckon. I'm sorry guys, I liked Helloween a long time ago and that's where my power metal era ended for me. These guys, Dragonforce, is the funniest thing I've seen and heard in a long time. It's like a ADHD Donald duck-freak kid on steroids and I can't say I think it's good. I find it quite horrible to be honest and the solos are absolutely horrendous. Fast but really really bad and those guys need to concentrate a little bit on their "tone" as opposed to speed. They got the speed nailed down for sure!

This joke has been played on the metal scene so many times already and I aint laughing no more. Do you really think this is "metal"?? Maybe you're right, but if you are, I want out!

Shrug....!
Cheers guys
Mike

C'mon mate. They're good musicians playing silly music. Personally i reckon they're a good laugh.

Just don't take them too seriously.

I do appreciate some fast parts in guitar solos and indeed I am a Yngwie fan. Yet, YJM also have "tone" to die for and he sounds fantastic in slower solos like his bluesier licks. My fave solo of his is the song "Marching out" from the Lp with the same name. That's just downright phenomenal!! Dragonforce have ridicilous speed but nothing else. There's literally no feel coming through to me and their vibrato and sustain sounds like they just don't know how to do it. No, no, no! Also, being aware of studio trickery I think their solos are quantized and computerized. That's what it sounds like to me at least. Maybe that's another reason why it sounds "dead"? Who knows...

Interesting!
Cheers
Mike

To be fair, I've seen live footage of them playing those solos. They still don't really do anything for me though. But I respect the technical ability. Not in a million years will I attain that kind of proficiency on the keys :cry:

The only reason I like Dragonforce is to have something insanely fast and mindless to listen to. I only listen to them because they make me laugh... reallly fuckin' hard too.

Okay, so you might say "Insanely fast?" but does that mean like death metal fast? No, I mean it's fast as in hyper. Death metal bands are "violent" which is just a build on (Or variation of) hyper.

So in reality; I like Dragonforce because they are hyper. But I don't have A.D.D. or anything... I just like listening to hyper things that are... hyper.

- conducting a test on redundantness and the effect it has on the mind of an individual with Attention Deficit Disorder, the Somewhat Fat Guitarist