Dragonforce - Inhumane Rampage

The solos do make you want to do that whole "hands in the air grasping, eyes closed, kneeling down" thing. Particularly in the ballads. But it's just silly as fuck. I don't doubt their solos are heartfelt, but i don't think that they're to be taken seriously.

Mikael Åkerfeldt said:
I saw their video last night. I've heard of them before as they're on Roadrunner I reckon. I'm sorry guys, I liked Helloween a long time ago and that's where my power metal era ended for me. These guys, Dragonforce, is the funniest thing I've seen and heard in a long time. It's like a ADHD Donald duck-freak kid on steroids and I can't say I think it's good. I find it quite horrible to be honest and the solos are absolutely horrendous. Fast but really really bad and those guys need to concentrate a little bit on their "tone" as opposed to speed. They got the speed nailed down for sure!

This joke has been played on the metal scene so many times already and I aint laughing no more. Do you really think this is "metal"?? Maybe you're right, but if you are, I want out!

Shrug....!
Cheers guys
Mike

Hey Mike

I gota say I agree with you on most of your comments about Dragonforce, but when you say your power era ended, does that include bands like Symphony X? Im not sure if they are what you would call power metal but I've always been curious to see what you think of them as a band & wether you have heard them. Personally I think they are brillant & Michael Romeo is an awesome player. What are your thoughts on these guys?

Thanks

Benighted1 said:
Hey Mike

I gota say I agree with you on most of your comments about Dragonforce, but when you say your power era ended, does that include bands like Symphony X? Im not sure if they are what you would call power metal but I've always been curious to see what you think of them as a band & wether you have heard them. Personally I think they are brillant & Michael Romeo is an awesome player. What are your thoughts on these guys?

Thanks
AHHHHHH my god if he's talking about Symphony X then I wouldn't be too happy about it!

Symphony X is one of my top 5 favorite bands.

- dammit I love Symphony X I hope he doesn't mean them too

affinityband said:
But where is the touch in their playing? If they had touch they would get girls. But they dont. They attract sweaty fat men in their 40's and Nerdy teenagers that think solos are 'wicked awesome'

Belive it or not but when i saw them there were quite a few really good looking women....

Why can't people have that option of having that kind of music available? Like i said before if i want emotion i have Opeth and Pink Floyed (aswell as many more) but if i want upbeat shredding i have Dragonforce. Both great fun at certain times.

I noticed some of your grammer refelected the mackem dialect. Ha'way and shit like that.

You going to see Dragonforce?