Dream Theater For Prog Power!!!!!

Not gonna happen. DT are the kings of prog metal... no other band can compare to what they do. Therefore they can draw a much larger audience than ProgPower can & in doing so, demand a larger purse. They didn't even come South this year due to promoters that wouldn't give up the bucks. It sux, but it's a biz just like any other.

Frankly, Glenn can get three good bands for what DT charges. Why marginalize the rest of the festival (i.e., book smaller bands to fill slots) when -- at least in most parts of the country -- DT tours fairly regularly?

And it's not an issue of set-time either; DT routinely plays for 2.5 or 3 hours, so the only thing Glenn can offer them, aside from an especially cool audience (us :)), is the chance to perform in what is probably Atlanta's best venue for music. (And that weird, gothy decor in the dressing rooms....)

Bear said:
Wouldn't it be better to just see them at a venue near you? In other words it will never happen!

HOW COULD YOU SAY THAT WHEN YOU DONT EVEN KNOW WHERE IM FROM.....HA HA. I INDEED HAD THE CHANCE TO SEE THEM THE PAST 2 SUMMERS. THE FIRST TIME IN BOSTON AT THE FLEET PAVILON, ALSO THIS SUMMER IN NYC.........

LOCALX said:
Bear said:
Wouldn't it be better to just see them at a venue near you? In other words it will never happen!

HOW COULD YOU SAY THAT WHEN YOU DONT EVEN KNOW WHERE IM FROM.....HA HA. I INDEED HAD THE CHANCE TO SEE THEM THE PAST 2 SUMMERS. THE FIRST TIME IN BOSTON AT THE FLEET PAVILON, ALSO THIS SUMMER IN NYC.........
First of all, the 'never happen' part was referring to them being at ProgPower. Second of all, all caps = you are a moron. Thirdly, meh. Images and Words was their only great album, and LaBrie can't pull it off anymore.

SinsAndShadows said:
First of all, the 'never happen' part was referring to them being at ProgPower. Second of all, all caps = you are a moron. Thirdly, meh. Images and Words was their only great album, and LaBrie can't pull it off anymore.
Hhmm...interesting. I saw Labrie pull off Metropolis Pt.1 & Pull Me Under last year in Tampa, FL without a hitch. As l remember, he was fairly flawless that night. Now, Geoff Tate of Queensryche on the other hand...failed to hit notes all night.

Well I disagree with everyone that says Labrie cannot pull it off. I have seen DT 13 times live and it has been on way more than off. I think towards the end of their extensive tours he can be a bit rough, but who is 100% at the end of tours? I think the last 3 tours I have seen Dream Theater Labrie has been pretty awesome live, specially with they were playing with Queensryche. Anyways thats my two cents.

Bear

Thirdly, meh. Images and Words was their only great album, and LaBrie can't pull it off anymore.

GET A CLUE THERE BUDDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

SinsAndShadows..... you're so full of shit, your hair's turned brown!

(been waiting to use that line here... heh heh)

Okay seriously.

I've seen Dream Theater 7 times, now. And the show with Queensryche last summer was James' absolute best performance so far. He was screaming like a banshee. Call him old, call him gray-haired Just-For-Men, call him whatever you want. He can still outsing 99% of the bands out there, and he's an old fucker now! I DARE anyone to sing a Dream Theater song on stage next to him, and let an audience judge him. Sorry Tobi, sorry Sir Russell, sorry Andre, sorry Geoff.... as phenomenal as they are, and as much as I love and praise and study their vocal abilities, James still has the most passionate, emotional, and rip-roarin-rockin voice.

LOCALX said:
Thirdly, meh. Images and Words was their only great album, and LaBrie can't pull it off anymore.

GET A CLUE THERE BUDDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:
/me hands LOCALX the Beginners guide to Netiquette :loco:

Bear

Bryan316 said:
Sorry Tobi, sorry Sir Russell, sorry Andre, sorry Geoff.... as phenomenal as they are, and as much as I love and praise and study their vocal abilities, James still has the most passionate, emotional, and rip-roarin-rockin voice.

I'm not a big fan of the sound of LaBrie's voice, but I'd still agree with you on most of those points...except for good old Sir Russell. I've seen DT live twice and SyX three times, and Russell Allen has LaBrie beat hands down. I've heard LaBrie go off tune far more times than Allen, and I'd argue any day that Allen has way more passion in his voice, although that's obviously more of a subjective point. At any rate, they're both excellent live singers, but in my opinion, Russell Allen has far more talent on the stage and in the studio.

just forget it... it's like me asking for "rigor mortis reunion"...
First, it won't happen. Then most of the people would no care... Its's like "bring Iron Maiden" stuff...