Dream Theater in the studio

I'm still confused as to why they didn't play Glass Prison at Live in Budokan. Ever since I saw what songs were on that dvd, I was like "Where teh fuck is Glass Prison?!"

What about when you actually don't like the music because you actually don't enjoy it?

exactly, its kind of ridiculous to assume that people only dislike music because of the image or fanbase that comes with it. take for example reggaeton. i hate it because i lived with a kid who only listened to it for an entire year and while he was a cool enough guy if i hear that drum beat one more time i'm gonna go nuts

I'm kinda hoping with this album that they maintain they're epic, grand sound, but that they have parts with are a bit more heavy, but chaotic sounding. Train Of Thought was awesome, but it was just straight widdely, widdely shredding all the time, which I like, but on this one I hope they do some heavy chaotic more technical riffs, more like some of the mid sections on Images And Words (ala Take The Time and Metropolis Pt 1).

I've heard a bunch of their new songs on a 20 second "collage" that Portnoy put together and played on some XM radio station. I definitely heard some heavy parts, but also some prominent keyboard sections. Someone had a link to the whole radio show in a torrent at sevenstring.org, but it seems to have been removed on the torrent site already.

Anyway, here is the link to the thread itself: http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/showthread.php?t=20339

Yeah I heard that, theres an Australian myspace called Pull Me Down Under, which is a campaign to gather support for an Australian Dream Theater tour in this year, and they have that up on the page as one of the songs. Here is the link to the page:

<a href="http://www.myspace.com/pullmedownunder"</a>

Enjoy!

EDIT: The link and the banner aren't working :erk: just go to myspace.com/pullmedownunder

Yes, good point Mrfast - they don't duplicate themselves - they keep it fresh, and inventive. Some folks don't like that.

I do. :)

Great band. Both Sym X & DT will be getting my cash this year! Hopefully for cd's and tours!

I think Octavarium was great, the question is "Are they gonna be able to top it?"

octavarium is the worst dream theater album i have listened to, it sounds like they took all of the top selling albums of the year before and pirated songs from each of them...

the answer lies with in sounds like your average chart crap with out of place vocals,

I walk beside you sounds like U2

Never enough sounds like Muse with a hint of DT

there are just so many riffs on that album that sound lifted from other bands, so do quite a few of the vocal melodies, i much prefer train of thought, that is a killer album, got the budokhan dvd the other day and that reinforced my love for As I Am, killer tune, awesome solo.

anyone got 'the score' dvd, is it any good?

octavarium is the worst dream theater album i have listened to, it sounds like they took all of the top selling albums of the year before and pirated songs from each of them...

the answer lies with in sounds like your average chart crap with out of place vocals,

I walk beside you sounds like U2

Never enough sounds like Muse with a hint of DT

there are just so many riffs on that album that sound lifted from other bands, so do quite a few of the vocal melodies, i much prefer train of thought, that is a killer album, got the budokhan dvd the other day and that reinforced my love for As I Am, killer tune, awesome solo.

anyone got 'the score' dvd, is it any good?
One word sums up Score:

PROGTACULAR

I still like Live at Budokan the best, but Score is also fantastic! And there are like no songs repeated from Budokan (except for a couple from the Six Degrees epic) so you get a whole bunch more DT songs live!!! GET IT!!!

Beyond This Life always gets on my nerves just with how long it drags out, but that jam was pretty sick...

But by default, I like Score better 'cause I was there.