Dream Theater in the studio

I must say I'm not such a fan of Jordan's style myself.

I've always loved Derek's style and sound, and Kevin never sounded out of place.

Jordan, on the other hand... He's good, yeah, but a lot of his soloing and stuff does sound 'sterile', and a lot of effects he uses sound stupid.

I loved I&W, Awake, SoC, FiI and SfaM. 6 Degrees took a while to grow on me (the Glass Prison is a really cool song though, and Misunderstood would be better if it didn't have all that noise at the end). I get bored pretty quickly of everything off ToT except for This Dying Soul and As I Am.

Octavarium grew on me quicker than 6 Degrees did though, I don't mind it although I think the song itself is actually really good (the album being only so-so, in comparison to all the others)

I wouldn't mind seeing an album follow in the vein of Scenes from a Memory though.

I enjoy Jordan's playing immensely, and I think his virtuosity added heaps to Dream Theater, though I do prefer his playing with Liquid Tension Experiment. His playing on those 2 albums is just phenomenal! I also would like to see the album more in the vein of Scenes...

Did you get like a unique T shirt or something from the event???
I said to the lady at the counter "Can I get one of the Radio City Sold Out shirts in a large?" and she handed me a regular Octavarium shirt. Didn't realize 'till I got out of the show.

I enjoy Jordan's playing immensely, and I think his virtuosity added heaps to Dream Theater, though I do prefer his playing with Liquid Tension Experiment. His playing on those 2 albums is just phenomenal! I also would like to see the album more in the vein of Scenes...
Jordan Rudess is an amazing keyboardist. Ranked the 2nd best alive if I'm correct. Right behind Keith Emerson :worship:. The only thing about him that I don't really like that he brought to Dream Theater was the huge gigantic endless solos and stuff. They're cool to listen to, but they tend to drag on way too much.

On the topic of Octavarium. I was initially thrilled by it but as a few months passed I started to loose interest in it and now, about 2 years later, the only songs I like are Octavarium, panic attack and root of all evil. I think it is a very scary direction DT are heading in.:erk: Too pop/U2 oriented.

I said to the lady at the counter "Can I get one of the Radio City Sold Out shirts in a large?" and she handed me a regular Octavarium shirt. Didn't realize 'till I got out of the show.

Man, I woulda been heaps annoyed... :heh:

I've never really got into Octavarium. Panic Attack and Octavarium are the only songs I really get into...

And I enjoy the endless solos that Jordan brought to the band... I often enjoy unrestricted displays of extreme virtuosity... :D It helps me get off... :lol: j/k but I just think it's cool to be able to witness instruments being handled at the absolute extent of human capability...