Dream Theater in the studio

right, cause slow songs are sissy. It's actually "Beside" you, and "Surrounded"/"Another Life"/"Hollow Years" are among their best songs.

oh wait, the "Spirit Carries On" is a sissy song too. :Smug:

I love all those other songs too man, it's just that ''i walk BESIDE you'' has that U2 sound about it, and its not even a little progish...
I don;t know its just my opinion tho:Smug:

NEW DREAM THEATER ALBUM!!!! :worship:

One thing I'd really like to see on the new album is that Jordan Rudess using the Continuum more on the next album like he did in the intro to Octavarium. I'm not saying more 5 minute continuum solos, but that he should use it with the delay and reverb like he did in that part. By far my favorite thing I ever heard from him with Dream Theater.... aside from the ragtime piano solo in The Dance of Eternity. :worship:

I also think Octavarium is great. Even I Walk Beside You, which I at first couldn't stand listening to, because it sounded too much like U2 (whom I hate with all my heart and soul) but I've grown to tolerate it.

Ha-ha-ha, this words were like honey to my soul - I don't understand what people can find in this band :puke: but tolerance is a good thing - U2 were always a question for me "What da f*** is that? :erk: but now I see that i'm not alone - bu-ga-ga :lol:

Why do you "hate" a band? Isn't it more enjoyable to like music instead of hating it? I seriously am starting to contemplate whether I should really hold any negative feelings towards a type of music, because it's rather sad to dislike anything just because of it's popularity, genre, or the musicians themselves.

Reactions: Kenneth R.
Why do you "hate" a band? Isn't it more enjoyable to like music instead of hating it? I seriously am starting to contemplate whether I should really hold any negative feelings towards a type of music, because it's rather sad to dislike anything just because of it's popularity, genre, or the musicians themselves.
+rep.

What about when you actually don't like the music because you actually don't enjoy it?

I wasn't a huge fan of Dream Theater's 'mainstream' approach on Octavarium, (though you could hardly call the 24 minute title track 'mainstream'. I'd love to hear them play that on the radio!) however I think we should instead dwell on the many hours of insanely awesome music they have graced our airwaves with over the past 2 decades... I for one, would love them to have a similar musical approach to the 'Scenes From A Memory' album, for me that is my ultimate favourite!

Also, does anyone else besides me become absolutely mezmerized by the jam session in the middle of 'Beyond This Life' on the Live At Budokan dvd??? I can't get enough of it! You forget what song it is, the jamming of guitar, and then the trade-off between keys and drums, with John Myung just grooving away at the bottom end... then BAM!!!, back into 'Beyond This Life'! It get's me everytime! Not to mention the progressive maelstrom that is 'Instrumedley'. The way they pull of all those songs in one, so smoothly and effortlessly... DAMN I love that concert...