Dream Theater & Symphony X Gigantour Set Lists

urinalcakemix said:
GOod thing they aren't playing any songs I want to miss. SX's set is just regulars from the past 10 years =/

What's wrong with "regulars" from the past 10 years. They're trying to show themselves off to a brand new audience.

And contrary to the popular opinion that Sym X tours the States a lot...they don't. They'll be hitting a lot of places that they've never been before...and a lot of people that won't even have a fucking clue.

Hell...I'm pissed that I'll only see Nevermore for their (way too) few songs...but I'll be there breaking my neck the whole time...

Rock on!

Barking Pumpkin said:
Dream Theater's setlist is obviously going to be hit or miss because not only are they touring for their new album (-_-), but it's their "heavy" set, which means some good things and some more mediocre things.

Bear in mind...you can never predict a DT setlist...

They are one of the only bands in the world that can actually play their entire catalogue...and they are known for varying their setlist widely...night after night.

You never know...

Rock on!

Well....I'm not going to Gigantour anyway. I might go see them on their 'Evening With...' show if it comes here, I've never seen them live, but their newer material has kind of alienated me between the time I really wanted to see them live and now. I'll probably go though.......we'll see when the US tour will be.

Barking Pumpkin said:
Well....I'm not going to Gigantour anyway. I might go see them on their 'Evening With...' show if it comes here, I've never seen them live, but their newer material has kind of alienated me between the time I really wanted to see them live and now. I'll probably go though.......we'll see when the US tour will be.

It amazes me how you've never seen them live, but you can evaluate their set-list as being "hit-or-miss" in a previous post. How would you know?

Whether or not DT has "alienated" you with their recent sound, you truly have to see them to believe it. No DVDs or concert footage do them justice.

There's a good reason why they stand as the figureheads of prog. Whether you love them or hate them, they are great at what they do.

Rock on!

Pellaz said:
How have the audience sizes been? Sold out? 50% full? 75%?

Irvine not sold out but so far the top selling show (4th show) I read somewhere I think it sold 7000 but this # may not be correct. Went to the website but can't find how many the venue holds.

ashaman7122 said:
What's wrong with "regulars" from the past 10 years. They're trying to show themselves off to a brand new audience.

And contrary to the popular opinion that Sym X tours the States a lot...they don't. They'll be hitting a lot of places that they've never been before...and a lot of people that won't even have a fucking clue.

Hell...I'm pissed that I'll only see Nevermore for their (way too) few songs...but I'll be there breaking my neck the whole time...

Rock on!
I shake my head at the spoiled people on this board sometimes. 90 minutes of DT is worthless, only see them if their playing 3 hr. That's great if you live in a city that they actually come to and play an 'evening with' show. Hell, they haven't even been to Florida since the DT/QR/FW tour in '03, if I'm not mistaken...and they only played about 75 min. then.

Plus, I'm DAMN happy to get S:X in FL. in any capacity and I'll take any length set from them. By the way, not everyone going to the gigantour shows knows who S:X is, or what their 'regulars' are. Keep in mind also, that they only have a short set time, so they are limited to what they can play...unless they only want to play 2 songs.

Megadeth
Dream Theater
Nevermore
Symphony X

....fuck the rest of the bill, that's one hell of a show right there. Oh, and I'll be making all three FL. stops.

Originally posted by Barking Pumpkin
Okay. It's been well established that you think that's a killer lineup, but not everyone does.

I'm not sure you should be warning people about being redundant, considering you've reminded us all of your views on Gigantour, Dream Theater, and Dave Mustaine at least three or four hundred times recently.