Dream Theatre

goregoat

Head Bangers and Lacerato
Mar 5, 2002
at the west of heaven,MALAYSIA
Visit site
do you like this band??the old stuff is awesome for me,but dunno about their new album........how about you all??do you like this band or hate them??tihs guy are totally fucking awesome,and because of them i got my metal.......they all the best US metal band after SLAYER,ICED EARTH,etc.

I like Dream Theatre alright, to me it's not extrodanary, but I like it all right, To be honest, I haven't cared enough recently to listen to the new album, but now that I'm thinking about it, I'll give it a listen.

Awake I still like what they have done, just not as much as thoses 2. The last one I picked up was Falling to Infinity, and it's good. Petrucci is a fucking amazing guitarist, one of the best easily. Everyone else is top notch too. Usually, I am not big into prog type metal, but there's something about Dream Theater that keep them from falling into the artsy gay thing that most other proggy metal do.

Any DT fan may kill me now, but my opinion is: SX continue where DT have left off.

I still like DT, no doubt about it, yet for me the "official DT era" has ended with "Awake". That's where SX stepped in...

Boy, I just lurve SX....

Something about Dream Theater-- on almost every song they have about 5-10 seconds of the best riffing you'll ever hear, from any band, anywhere. But then in comes the Air Supply vocals and melodies, and I lose it quick.

If they kicked it up several notches in a thrashier style, I know they'd be the best in the business. I understand that is not what they are -- it just fails to meet my need for speed.

Live at the Marquee is nonetheless an excellent display of talent, although I really only get into the first two songs.

Thrasher