Drinking booze on an empty stomach.

NAD

What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
Jun 5, 2002
Kandarian Ruins
Pretty much the best thing ever because you can have a beer right after work, then start your second one to make dinner with, and by the time your microwave burrito is finished you have half a beer left to wash it down with, along with a pretty healthy buzz because it all went straight to your head. Two hours later you pass out in front of Final Fantasy IV, only to wake up at 7am on Saturday morning ready to conquer the world with absolutely no trace of a hangover.

This is how I spend my alone time when the woman goes to see her parents. Discuss.

@ NAD: Same here, bro. I was on a solo educational trip this past Tuesday. I found myself in a neato little diner in downtown Durham and I immediately ordered 2 Pete's Wicked Ales. I hadn't eaten for hours and was thusly drunk before my cheeseburger arrived. I contemplated talking* to this redheaded bint who kept checking me out but figured I'd probably fall over if I tried to get up. Good times.

*of course, not really, cuz I'm married and stuff

Pretty much the best thing ever because you can have a beer right after work, then start your second one to make dinner with, and by the time your microwave burrito is finished you have half a beer left to wash it down with, along with a pretty healthy buzz because it all went straight to your head. Two hours later you pass out in front of Final Fantasy IV, only to wake up at 7am on Saturday morning ready to conquer the world with absolutely no trace of a hangover.

This is how I spend my alone time when the woman goes to see her parents. Discuss.

I usually like your post NAD, but this one is total bullshit and drinking beer while having an empty stomach = fucking dangerous

It's true, too many and you either pass out, feel like shit, or end up banging a dude that night. But that's why you stop at 2 at the most, then eat something.

Oh yeah and for the record, I'm drinking sherry and eating stromboli. Same difference.

Yeah, in my case, I ended up *banging that redheaded bint

*going back to my hotel and watching three hours of the History Channel

It's true, too many and you either pass out, feel like shit, or end up banging a dude that night. But that's why you stop at 2 at the most, then eat something.

Oh yeah and for the record, I'm drinking sherry and eating stromboli. Same difference.

Don't get me wrong I don't want to be a jackass here, it's just that alcohol is a lot more dangerous for you liver when you haven't eaten in a while.

But seriously, after a long day you're generally not thinking about your liver, especially with a wonderfully cold brew in front of you. Nothing could stand in the way of me and my beer at the end of a day, especially my health.

To be perfectly honest if I ever thought about my liver I probably would've attempted suicide a long time ago. But at least my stomach is quite full now, after two half-glasses of sherry. ;)

Also I want to rename this thread "drinking alone and watching The Big Lebowski."

When I first opened this thread I was drinking a Russian and listening to hockey on the radio, solo.

Don't get me wrong I don't want to be a jackass here, it's just that alcohol is a lot more dangerous for you liver when you haven't eaten in a while.

I don't see why. Alcohol is alcohol. It metabolizes at a set rate. The only reason you get drunk less quickly with a full stomach is because the shit just sits in your belly. The stomach can only process so much stuff at once. I'm pretty certain liver damage is a result of chronic abuse - not binges. I may be wrong though.

boozecubes.jpg

Boozecubes.

I don't see why. Alcohol is alcohol. It metabolizes at a set rate. The only reason you get drunk less quickly with a full stomach is because the shit just sits in your belly. The stomach can only process so much stuff at once. I'm pretty certain liver damage is a result of chronic abuse - not binges. I may be wrong though.

I just remember we aborted the subject in a class in biochem and the teacher mentionned something about drinking alcool and its dangers when you haven't eaten at all during the day. Anyway, you guys can do what you want with your lives! I shouldn't have reacted this way perhaps.

Was he talking about chronic alcoholics who never eat? Just curious, I've known a few true alcoholics (I'm of the Fun Alcoholic variety), and they never fucking eat. It's pretty god damn bizarre.

I'm assembling my demo and I'm not entirely sober.

that's weird, UM says RiA is the last poster :confused:

And to answer you, I don't remember him saying anything specific about alcoholics, but you could be right. He mentionned stuff about enzyms, but that was 2 months ago and my memory is a bit fuzzy

let me guess, at each post I'm gonna do you're gonna take the occasion to be an asshole right?

Asmodee, I have nothing personal against you my good man. I leave squabbles in the threads in which they occur. There is only 1 person on RC I do not care for, and you are not that individual. Who is it you ask? ...

Mystery Post

Asmodee, I have nothing personal against you my good man. I leave squabbles in the threads in which they occur. There is only 1 person on RC I do not care for, and you are not that individual. Who is it you ask? ...

Mystery Post

well, that's good to hear. I have nothing against you personnally, but our views tend to be completely polar opposites.

AWMM more like All Within My Heart am I rite.

Yeah that's right, I'm drunk enough to be gay right about now (funk sould brothers).