Drop C# core-ish death metal, help me improve! [SD2.0, TSE, SoloC]

i like it man. i would say the drums are way too far back in the mix compared to the guitars. and the rhythm guitar is too loud in comparison to the other guitars. tone is pretty cool. also try randomizing your velocity's with the drums coz the fills sound fake.

Awesome riffs! But in my opinion, guitar has too much middle frequencies.. and where is the bass guitar? With bass mix would sound much better. :)

feels like some phasing issues on the rhythm guitars... idk maybe its my cheesy macbook pro speakers

not really digging the way the snare is set. its a really strong sound snare, maybe just a bit too loud. thats preference tho

any idea how i could get rid of the phase problem? i have 2 tracks of TSEx30 hard left and har right with sneap-impulses, and 2 tracks with SoloC. the TSE-tracks go into one bus with some eq's, the SoloC's into another. then the two busses go to one master guitar bus with a Vcomp, S1-Imager, an eq and a saturator-plugin. maybe it's just untight playing?

I've been mixing this for like an hour now

spend more time on it, you would be amazed how much better (or worse) a mix can get by mixing a few hours a day over a few days. I really like that lead guitar riff btw \m/\m/

Just a few things i noticed when listening
-sounds like guitars are clipping
-snare is way to loud
-toms sound really wimpy, what did you use?
-is there compression on the master bus?

I'm digging it all! The snare seems little odd but the tone is sweet. I'm very interested in how you got that glitchy type effect on the beginning and end on the guitars?

I'm digging it all! The snare seems little odd but the tone is sweet. I'm very interested in how you got that glitchy type effect on the beginning and end on the guitars?

Thanks dude! Yeah, perhaps a little more "smack" and a little less reverb on that snare for sure. It's a free vstplugin called dblue Glitch or something like that. I learned how to use it within 2 mins of installing, just set everything to random and automate the bypass! It's the first hit when you google "Glitch VST" btw.

Loving this mix man! Awesome song! The only thing I'd change is the snare, its a bit too upfront. Also the toms need some work, they sound a little high end and poppy.

What processing you got going on with the lead? Single tracked?

I've been trying to get a lead sound like this for so long haha always end up sounding shitty so processing on the lead would be awesome :)

Haha, seems like this snare is a bit love/hate. Well, it's the andy sneap snare. And yeah, toms have never been my thing! Struggled with those for a long time now. And the N.Y. Avatar kit (superior drummer) maybe isn't golden for metal, but I got metal foundry coming in and I'm working on some killer material that I plan to record in a near future!

Lead is: C1 comp-gate -> TSS -> TSEx30 -> some Mesa 57-impulse -> REq6 (with a lot of midboosting, like 1khz or something), then just some MonoDelay