Drudkh's 'Blood in Our Wells' - Overrated or Not?

I have loved drudkh for ages, but all of the sudden they became very famous. I think people overrate thhem, however AA is my favorite metal album of all time.

/is a drudkh whore

Drudkh's Forgotten Legends, Autumn Aurora and Blood in our Wells are the best from their cataloque. Swan Road so/so. Songs of Grief and Solitude is lazy and uninspired. Anti-Urban is just completely fuckin' pointless. Can only hope that "Estrangement" puts them back on track. Of course, this is just my opinion.

Forgotten Legends is an amazing work. Blood in our Wells is good, but doesn't quite reach the dizzying heights of the debut. I haven't heard any other material from the band though so I guess I should get on that. Also, how is the acoustic album?

Drudkh are now one of my favorite bands, after I heard the amazing 'Autumn Aurora' and 'Forgotten Legends' albums. The songs in those albums were really atmospheric, reminded me of autumn leaves falling, dark forests, etc....absolutely fantastic.

Swan Road can't compare to those two. 'Glare of 1768' and 'Blood' were great songs, but the album in general lacked the magic the earlier albums had.

But anyway, this thread is about Blood in Our Wells. I don't know why people hail it as a classic, some say its even better than 'Autumn Aurora' and 'Forgotten Legends'. I, however, feel that it was again, an average album (better than Swan Road though), that failed to create the atmosphere present in their earlier albums. So what are your opinions on Blood in Our Wells?

If you think it was Drudkh's best album, please mention the reason why you think so. I can't see it as anything more than average.

Well let's put it this way (aside from the fact that Drudkh is one of the best post-Burzum Black Metal bands there is). Can you think of any other album in a similar style to Blood In Our Wells, released in 2006, which is better?

Songs of Grief and Solitude is pretty great. I'm convinced that a lot of people who put it down have no idea what they're listening to at all.

^ Man, that's one of the best posts I've seen in ages. Thank GOD someone else is seeing the light. +10 to you :kickass:

Songs of Grief and Solitude is just as brilliant and as important as the rest of their works.

It sounds very different from any previous release. There aren't really any keys that I could hear. The riffing is slower and darker, and the folk elements are more subdued. The songs are also simpler, with two riffs per song.

Anti-Urban is great. I would be more than happy if that's what the new album sounds like.

Agreed. I've been hammering it. I do hope though, that the vocals are a little higher in the mix, I really love Roman Saenko's vocal style, it's totally unique and on the Swan Road & Blood In Our Wells, his vocals are extremely impressive.

Agreed. I've been hammering it. I do hope though, that the vocals are a little higher in the mix, I really love Roman Saenko's vocal style, it's totally unique and on the Swan Road & Blood In Our Wells, his vocals are extremely impressive.

Thurios (Astrofaes) is singing for Drudkh......i think the only album Saenko's voice can be heard is on Swan Road.

Saenko's voice is much more death metal-ish..... like in Hate Forest.

Thurios (Astrofaes) is singing for Drudkh......i think the only album Saenko's voice can be heard is on Swan Road.

Is that so? Can you source this? I always thought it was the same guy in both. It's not impossible to do different styles of vocals after all.

if you want a proof, listen to Astrofaes - Those Whose Past is Immortal......the vocal are exactly the same as Drudkh and Saenko is not in this band.

Listen to some Hate Forest. Now go and listen to The Swan Road, tell me that the vocals are not done by the same one person.

Unless you have some way of confirming this, I'm not inclined to believe you. Upload a Astrofaes for us as an example so we can listen.

^ Man, that's one of the best posts I've seen in ages. Thank GOD someone else is seeing the light. +10 to you :kickass:

Songs of Grief and Solitude is just as brilliant and as important as the rest of their works.

Shut the fuck up Hubster. It's not even close to be as brilliant as Forgotten legends. That being said, the album is good and has a lot of great ideas, but it's just solid Drudkh put into a folk atmosphere; moreover, I like it quite a bit actually, especially how they use melodies, which are more prolific compared to the black metal material. They actually did this in Fallen into Oblivion too, and did a damn good job at it.

Anti-Urban is good, quite good, but I'm kind of weary how it'd turn out in a full length. Unless they build off of where Ashes was going, and keep Fallen into Oblivion as an opener or something. I'm confident that the new Drudkh will be good.