Drummers?

BigJim

Feb 12, 2006
Hahaha! Everybody here plays guitar! Don't any drummers like Symphony X?!

A lot of people on the forum are guitarists. The drummers threat in musicans forum is kind of gone now. ): .. Well, yeah, I'm a drummer and I love Symphony X. *nods*

Ptah Khnemu said:
I play drums, but I'm not a drummer.

Hahaha! That's what I started saying after I first heard Flo Mounier do a solo! :p That was a few years ago though! I'm slowly catchin' up to him! ;)

BigJim said:
What other metal bands are you into?

Mostly Dream Theater and Opeth; also old-school stuff like Metallica, Megadeth, Armored Saint (who?), some Maiden, etc...

But I don't only like metal. I pretty much appreciate everything (minus bubble-pop, country, and rap).

I showed my drummer the entire Dream Theater discography, and he's changed ever since. I'm so proud of him!

(The crap he listened to before was just turd music.)

He did listen to Symphony X... he liked them, but he's into DT way more. :erk:

(TBH, I kinda like them better too, but by a small amount.)

frozen_core said:
yay! i'm a drummer too! (or "percussionist" as some like to say)
I thought percussionists were the ones who use like... Percussions......lol
Aka big drums with tough animal hide-like skins that they just beat the fuck out of with their hands... kinda tribal style you know?

MrFast said:
Aka big drums with tough animal hide-like skins that they just beat the fuck out of with their hands... kinda tribal style you know?

Well I see absolutely no disrespect to calling someone who plays a set of drums.... drummers. If they happen to beat on a lion's skin wrapped around outer rings of a former tree, that is not a drummer.
Let's not take this out of context simply because we like elite music compared to most. If you sing lead vocals, you are a singer or vocalist, if you play guitar, you are a guitarist. If you play bass, you are a bassist and if you play drums you are a drummer.

Bryant

MrFast said:

well, to be fair, i do...drum kit, hand drums, any "drum" that you can think of, i've probably played it at one point in time:)

while i do refer to myself as a drummer, i know of many pretentious guys out there who will only refer to themselves as "percussionists"