Drummers?

MorphineChild205 said:
Armored Saint (who?)

But I don't only like metal. I pretty much appreciate everything (minus bubble-pop, country, and rap).

:lol: Yeah, I'm into a fair range of music too! Been a big D.T fan for a long time! Wasn't huge on their last couple though. Train of Thought was cool but my little bro played it to death when it first came out & I was sick of it before I even sat down to listen to it properly! :p

Tubbs Mcgee said:
I showed my drummer the entire Dream Theater discography, and he's changed ever since. I'm so proud of him!

He did listen to Symphony X... he liked them, but he's into DT way more. :erk:

:erk: Yeah, Portnoy's good...his instructional vids are interesting but the most technical part of his drumming is the way he writes.

RobbM said:
then what are quality keyboard players worth!?! :heh:

Alot, especially when you live in an area of a country where everyone in your high school listens to either rap or shit rock, and completely devalues keyboardists to the point where nobody even wants to learn piano/keyboard, because they're scared of people saying "You play piano? You queer." And so there arent any keyboardists my age within a 40 mile radius of me.

In short, keyboardists are hard to find, and if you do, and you're the kinda band that NEEDS a keyboardist, you're fucked.

Montu Sekhmet said:
yeah, which makes it 100 times harder to play with.

Yeah...it's do-able, dude! He does write some tricky patterns, but if you slow 'em down a bit, it doesn't take long to nail 'em! ;)

BUMP!!!!!1

Drummer here too, been playing a bit more than 9 years and I learned the Dance of Eternity about 2 years ago ;).

I've been memorising songs to play ever since I started playing drums at church and I'd only get to listen to the original song once or twice. Dance of Eternity took a bit of work but once I had it locked in my mind it's easy. It's actually just a matter of remembering where all the twos, threes and fives have to go - pretty much all single stroke patterns, just with odd patterns. If you're capable of doing decent single stroke rolls with hands and feet and have some comprehension of odd times, you can play DoE ;). Just start from the beginning and work over each section until you have it locked in!

okay....the drummer for Bal Sagoth and Dragonforce are both completely metally ill, compared to the drummer for Trivium. I can play with Trivium, it;s easy once you get the pattern down; theres no time other than 4/4, no complex hi-hat patterns, nothing.

I forgot to mention that Symphony X is my all-time favourite band, and I have probably listened to TDWOT (the song) about 20,000 times and I still love it more than any other song in existance. Also I can play it on drums too :D it's such a fun song, although sometimes I get the pauses wrong in the quieter bits of the song and the odd bit about 3/4 through the song I haven't quite nailed yet, I think it alternates between odd 8th note time signatures but I haven't worked out what yet ;).

Montu Sekhmet said:
okay....the drummer for Bal Sagoth and Dragonforce are both completely metally ill, compared to the drummer for Trivium. I can play with Trivium, it;s easy once you get the pattern down; theres no time other than 4/4, no complex hi-hat patterns, nothing.

the drummer for Bal Sagoth and Dragonforce are the same one...:p