Drumtracker is amazing

It's actually amazing how badly this program works in Windows 7. Definitely the most bug-prone software I have out of dozens of programs installed. Still very useful, but annoying having to exit using the task manager, and also being subject to it randomly panning/interchanging its demo sounds. Really quirky (happened even on XP for me)!

I don't get any of the issues you're describing.

I don't get any of the issues you're describing.

Me neither. It freezes up on me during playback sometimes but the interface still works and I can save my project, exit, reopen and keep working. That's the only issue I've had...

rlcramer, it's not really a competitor for Drumagog directly but could be used with a VSTi sample player to replace it. Drumagog directly replaces audio with samples based on hits it identifies in real time, Drumtracker lets you convert those hits to a midi file to trigger later. Drumtracker does it offline and lets you manually adjust the detection for different parts of the track to ensure it triggers flawlessly, I much prefer doing it that way and then feeding the MIDI to apTrigga/SSD 3.0 or whatever sampler you use!

It's actually amazing how badly this program works in Windows 7. Definitely the most bug-prone software I have out of dozens of programs installed. Still very useful, but annoying having to exit using the task manager, and also being subject to it randomly panning/interchanging its demo sounds. Really quirky (happened even on XP for me)!

I tried this today, what a terrible piece of software!

it's a shame you can't buy it anymore, I was too late

Seems available for 89 euro on the site? If it runs as bad on my home machine as it did on the win 7 pc I tried it on im surprised anybody bothers. It had major headache switching between tracks, a good few seconds of crashery. Seems badly written to I.

My other gripe was that its not going to work for loosely tracked drums due to the midi limitation of tempo.

Seems available for 89 euro on the site? If it runs as bad on my home machine as it did on the win 7 pc I tried it on im surprised anybody bothers. It had major headache switching between tracks, a good few seconds of crashery. Seems badly written to I.

My other gripe was that its not going to work for loosely tracked drums due to the midi limitation of tempo.

ah, yeah, I confused this with Massey DTM