Dry Kill Logic, Diecast, Otep, Overkill, Pain of Salvation, Taproot SymX on Deth tour

WTF? Portnoy recommended DEP? Why couldn't he have recommended Symphony X first, then they would have been on the main stage already. Oh well, at least he tried to get Testament, although I'm pretty sure Dave already knows who they are.

Also, none of these bands are confirmed for Gigantour, does the thread starter know how to read???? These are simply bands that Dave is considering for the second stage, and there are many more, he's said that over 40 bands have submitted their name for consideration and he is checking all of them out, so all of this is just speculation. Me personally, I'd be fine with any of those bands except Diecast, there are hundreds of bands that are better than them and more popular as well.

Too bad they all suck except nevermore, symphony x, and some megadeath/DT.
Kick everyone else off the tour imho.

dead6skin6mask6 said:
from the songs i heard, their vocalist sounds like Ludo from the movie The Labyrinth. i didn't really enjoy that :tickled:

What have you heard from them? I've been a fan of the 'Kill since Taking Over in the late 80's. Blitz's voice has changed a bit since then and even The Years of Decay. IMO they haven't put out a bad album. Even the Killing Kind had some good tunes on it.

Of course, opinions....everybody's got one... :)

Brooks said:
Here's what Mike Portnoy said about the second stage bands:

"Just for the record, Symphony X, Pain Of Salvation and Overkill were ALL my recommendations (I don't know why Dave only mentions Sym X as being one....)
I have my fingers crossed for any (or all) of em!
MP"

and

Also FYI - In addition to Sym X, PoS and Overkill - some of the other bands I suggested to Dave a while back:

--- Dillinger Escape Plan (the only band from my list to make the main stage)
--- Mudvayne (ended up on Ozzfest)
--- Mastodon (also ended up on Ozzfest)
--- Meshuggah (I spoke with them about it and they were unavailable)
--- Opeth (also spoke with them and they were already booked on their package tour)
--- Anthrax (I really tried, but it wasn't in the cards...)
--- Testament

In any case, I think we already have a kick ass, diverse bill and if we can get a few of my suggestions on the 2nd stage it'll be the icing on the cake.

MP"

Portnoy's music taste owns.

Hapexamendios said:
What have you heard from them? I've been a fan of the 'Kill since Taking Over in the late 80's. Blitz's voice has changed a bit since then and even The Years of Decay. IMO they haven't put out a bad album. Even the Killing Kind had some good tunes on it.

Of course, opinions....everybody's got one... :)

beats me! perhaps someone just send me a shitty song haha recommend something for me and theyll get a 2nd chance

zmetallica said:
about PoS, i agree 100% with Will.
i am completely bored of generic power metal and especially power metal singers that don't show any range but their higher part of theirs. *yawn*
pain of salvation is a PoS... sorry just had to say it

Everybody is just jealous that they can't sing that high, Pain of Salvation fucking rules, if you can get passed the vocals for a second look at the amazing concepts and musicianship of their albums. Check out BE their latest...its something.

Larf03 said:
Songs for you to check out:

Devil By The Tail
Gasoline Dream
Elimination
I Hate
E.Vil N.Ever D.Ies
Death Comes Out To Play
World Of Hurt

And add these:

It Lives
Long Time Dyin'
Necroshine
Deny The Cross
Powersurge

Hell, dude, just about everything is worth having. I have them all so I'm biased. :)

Out of the three package tours coming this summer this Megadeth one is the best.

Ozzfest is a suck party (Maiden is only playing half of it and the rest of the bands are generic and boring) and the "Sounds of the Underground" Tour has Opeth, SYL and Clutch (and GWAR for intermission) + about 20 shitty metalcore bands.

But package tours still suck.

zmetallica said:
about PoS, i agree 100% with Will.
i am completely bored of generic power metal and especially power metal singers that don't show any range but their higher part of theirs. *yawn*
pain of salvation is a PoS... sorry just had to say it
Pain Of Salvation. Power metal. Haha, dumbass.
How the shit much have you listened to PoS anyway if you can honestly say that he only uses the high part of his range?