Dry Kill Logic, Diecast, Otep, Overkill, Pain of Salvation, Taproot SymX on Deth tour

MetalHeadMarc said:
Over kill is beyond second rate, they are trash. Fucking wagon riders. The basically rode on the back of early thrash bands sucess. Have you heard some of the later stuff? It blows.

Damn.. so many things are wrong with your post that I won't even start arguing with you... I'll just answer you question: I have every damn Overkill album and they all rule in my book...

Of course they're "Thrash"... they play thrash! ...Wagon riders? You really should get a metal history lesson dude!

TheFourthHorseman said:
Pain Of Salvation. Power metal. Haha, dumbass.
How the shit much have you listened to PoS anyway if you can honestly say that he only uses the high part of his range?
i listened to a few songs off a few albums to get a feel for them. i didn't like it. thats what i got from it.

just cause i didn't dig it doesn't make me any less than anyone else. i thought they were talented, just not my thing. that too hard to understand?

as for the will thing: i misread your response to overkill as PoS, i don't really hear that comparison... oh well.
i don't like that guys vocals even more.

MetalHeadMarc said:
Over kill is beyond second rate, they are trash. Fucking wagon riders. The basically rode on the back of early thrash bands sucess. Have you heard some of the later stuff? It blows.
I don't like overkill, at all. This post, though, is just sheer stupidity. You lose.

And you got wtfpwned by teh j3wfr0 btw.

I didn't see anyone mention this so I just want to point out none of those 2nd stage bands are confirmed for the show yet. They're just in-the-running. So it's up to Dave who actually gets signed up for it. Though some suggest on the SyX board that they aren't likely to do it because they're working on their new album but uh...if they didn't drop everything and go on that tour they'd have to be huge morons...or just huge egomaniacs.

Anyway, yeah. If PoS gets on this thing I'll have to go see it in several cities. Even if they only get 20 minutes (word is 2nd stage gets 20 min except headliner, 30 min) I'll have to go see it at least 3 times to get enough PoS in.

I think about the dude who called PoS generic power metal, everyone's pretty much covered it... I think someone secretly replaced his PoS CD with foldgers crystals...or an Edguy CD. And I wouldn't say PoS is in the vein of Vanden Plas, they're really not in anyone's vein but their own. They're a very unique band. And awesome. Awesome too. Technically I'd still call it prog metal, but big emphasis on "progressive."

PoS is a band that took me a long long time to get into.
(I think I even posted a thread saying something like "OK now I get it" ..haha)

I still don't like BE, but then again I haven't given it a fair chance in quite a while, only about 3 listens, whereas the others have taken me 4 or 5 to finally appreciate and accept as awesomeness.

but yeah I'm definitely all over this thing if PoS is there

"Anyway, I spent a few hours yesterday checking up on the bands that are on the list for the second stage; going to their web site, seeing their faces, their bios, their videos, etc. It was a very interesting morning. To give you a glimpse at who was submitted and seem to be in the running, they are Dry Kill Logic, Diecast, Otep, Overkill, Pain of Salvation, Taproot and Mike Portnoy’s recommendation, Symphony X."

:blink:blink:

There is no way I will miss this if they do in fact add PoS and Symphony X. And I respect Dave's thoughts about keeping the tickets fan friendly.

I havent heard pain of Salvation either. I really dont like Taproot, Dry Kill logic, and hate Otep more than just about any band. I dont care for DT much either. So far I like Sym. X, Nevermore, and Megadeth. Thats it. So to me , Unless Nevermore gets and hour to play , I cant see myself being to interested. I rather just go see, Inflames, soilwork, Killswitch Engage, The Haunted , and Shadows Fall at Ozzfest. Well Im getting free tickets for Ozzfest so for free you cant beat that. This is all just really what bands you like more though. Im very disappointed about Iron maiden.

This is the show Im going to see next month on the twelve and I think this is gonna kill.

Nile
BLack Dahlia Murder
Behemoth
KING DIAMOND

EVERLOSTINDEADETERNITY said:
I havent heard pain of Salvation either. I really dont like Taproot, Dry Kill logic, and hate Otep more than just about any band. I dont care for DT much either. So far I like Sym. X, Nevermore, and Megadeth. Thats it. So to me , Unless Nevermore gets and hour to play , I cant see myself being to interested. I rather just go see, Inflames, soilwork, Killswitch Engage, The Haunted , and Shadows Fall at Ozzfest. Well Im getting free tickets for Ozzfest so for free you cant beat that. This is all just really what bands you like more though. Im very disappointed about Iron maiden.

This is the show Im going to see next month on the twelve and I think this is gonna kill.

Nile
BLack Dahlia Murder
Behemoth
KING DIAMOND

Friday night, St. Louis...

King Diamond

It's going to crush.