Symphony X candidates for Gigantour!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zakk_hate_me_666

SUPER SHREDDER
Apr 28, 2004
The Edge Of Forever
i just read it.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=35689

taken from mustaine's interview :

"Anyway, I spent a few hours yesterday checking up on the bands that are on the list for the second stage; going to their web site, seeing their faces, their bios, their videos, etc. It was a very interesting morning. To give you a glimpse at who was submitted and seem to be in the running, they are DRY KILL LOGIC, DIECAST, OTEP, OVERKILL, PAIN OF SALVATION, TAPROOT and Mike Portnoy's recommendation, SYMPHONY X.

YES!!!!! there is hope :D

My God, if this tour gets ANY BETTER, I will freakin' die from joy...it will be the first recorded death of a perfectly healthy 19-year-old dying for overexcitement.....damn....I so hope that this is true and Symphony X is chosen...

It's cool that Portnoy reccommended Sym X....nice to see that there is no animosity between the groups (not that there should be or is any reason to be, but still...)...

Symphony X = my all time favorite Metal band.

with Dream Theater and Megadeth... those bands have always been my top three!!

This is going to be the best summer ever!

I just wish my b/f liked SX as much as I did! :bah:

You know what I notice? Just as Ayreon Guardian X says, Portnoy RECOMMENDED Symphony X. That ought to tell some of the overly-rabid DT'ers to calm down about them, because obviously DT must not see itself as in a rivarly with Symphony X. I'm sure the members of Symphony X feel the same way.

(P.S.: What an ironic, clever name...Ayreon-Guardian. ;) )

Rose Immortal said:
You know what I notice? Just as Ayreon Guardian X says, Portnoy RECOMMENDED Symphony X. That ought to tell some of the overly-rabid DT'ers to calm down about them, because obviously DT must not see itself as in a rivarly with Symphony X. I'm sure the members of Symphony X feel the same way.

(P.S.: What an ironic, clever name...Ayreon-Guardian. ;) )
I say a big Hell yeah to everything you said, Rose...and thankls for the complement on my SN...it's only for here, I have different SN's elsewhere, but I do like the way it sounds as if I am Ayreon's (the blind minstrel) guardian...I made it from Three of my favorite bands: Ayreon, Blind Guardian, and the X is for the best of all: Symphony X!

Although I've always thought of something totally different with the band name Blind Guardian...there are legends in Japan, I believe, of a blind samurai who was supposed to be incredibly powerful and deadly...

Not at all what the band intended, I'm sure, but it's a really, REALLY cool image, anyway. (Animatrix fans, you know what I'm talking about!)

You have VERY good taste in music. In fact, today I will be ordering my last Ayreon album to complete the set, minus Ayreonauts Only, anyway...I'm gonna wait until I get a few other things from other bands :coughLIVEATHEEDGEOFFOREVERcough: before I do that.

Although I've always thought of something totally different with the band name Blind Guardian...there are legends in Japan, I believe, of a blind samurai who was supposed to be incredibly powerful and deadly...

Reminds me of Zatoichi. That movie rocked!

Rose Immortal said:

Not at all what the band intended, I'm sure, but it's a really, REALLY cool image, anyway. (Animatrix fans, you know what I'm talking about!)

You have VERY good taste in music. In fact, today I will be ordering my last Ayreon album to complete the set, minus Ayreonauts Only, anyway...I'm gonna wait until I get a few other things from other bands :coughLIVEATHEEDGEOFFOREVERcough: before I do that.
I actually am only missing "Actual Fantasy" and "The Final Experiment" (and "Ayreonauts Only" - but I have TFE and AO burned - I plan on getting SE Final Experiment, but unless it gets better distributed, I probably won't bother with Ayreonauts.....) and I have the entire Ayreon collection (including the book version of "The Human Equation")...I am going to get Star One - Space Metal limited edition as well, though...I also have the ENTIRE Symphony X collection (including Live), all of the limited edition Rhapsody CD's (except Symphony of Enchanted Lands I - Hella rare...), all of the Dream Theater studio albums except for "Falling Into Infinity" (and ALL Dream Theater DVDs, including "When Day and Dream ReUnite" Official Bootleg), and the entire Metalium collection except for the not-yet-released "Demons of Insanity" (though I have it burned)...lastly, I used to have the four best Blind Guardian albums ("Tales from the Twilight Realm" through "A Night at the Opera", but they were stolen in like 11th grade...I have yet to REBUY them...I use burned CDs for them...)

About Zatoichi...which one are you talking about? I went on IMDB and found multiple versions...

I have the special edition of Ayreon...but not the book version. I got Actual Fantasy Revisited yesterday, and I have to say, this synth nerd was VERY pleased with the sound of it!

How hard is it to get Ayreonauts Only? And Star One?

For BG, I only own 3 at this point: Nightfall, Somewhere far Beyond, and Live.

DT...I have Images and Words, Awake, Scenes (not sure why I'm keeping it around, at this point...), and Train of Thought.

What, you don't like Scenes From a Memory? That is one of my favorite Dream Theater albums...especially their live perfomance of it on the Metropolis 2000 DVD...that DVD is absolutely excellent...one of my favorite live DVD's...

As for Ayreonauts Only, you can get it on Amazon...I might pick it up eventually after all...I just saw that it is not horrible, price-wise...and Star One - Space Metal (Limited Edition) is actually fairly priced on Amazon...

Status
Not open for further replies.