Megadeth are going to have a second stage?

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
I didn't know that...just read this on Blabbertits:

Anyway, I spent a few hours yesterday checking up on the bands that are on the list for the second stage; going to their web site, seeing their faces, their bios, their videos, etc. It was a very interesting morning. To give you a glimpse at who was submitted and seem to be in the running, they are DRY KILL LOGIC, DIECAST, OTEP, OVERKILL, PAIN OF SALVATION, TAPROOT and Mike Portnoy's recommendation, SYMPHONY X.

JayKeeley said:
Symphony X are excellent.

I remember liking V:The New Mythology Suite (?) , far better than 80% of the power/prog. bands. Egypt , Communion & the Oracle & the last track were and still are good tracks.Wasn't fond of the more speed stuff ..

"Communion & The Oracle" is marvellous. I remember telling Mike Romeo to add that to their live setlist when they were in two minds about it. I was like, "what? dude, that's like your best song man", and he was like, "yeah, you're totally right", and I was like "damn straight beeyotch".

If Mustaine gets Overkill and Symphony X on stage 2, I'll let his wife suck my dick, 'cos you know, that's just the kinda guy I am. :cool:

With that said, I'd quite like to see Fear Factory. I've been listening to Demanufacture, and yeah, it's much better than Remanufacture. As with Ulver comparisons, metal > techno.

Hey One Inch Nad, did you ever listen to the Sy X CD-R I ripped yo ass? Please go listen to Communion & the Oracle now! (It's track #5 you slacker). Otherwise just throw it in and press play. At minimum, prepare to be blown away by Mike Romeo's shredding.

JayKeeley said:
With that said, I'd quite like to see Fear Factory. I've been listening to Demanufacture, and yeah, it's much better than Remanufacture.
:lol: If I only knew your only exposure to them was the remix bullshit, I would've skooled you years ago.

*hunts down Symphony X CD*

That was some good shit, albeit a little over the top for daily listening (but not in a bad way).

Here, listen to Buckethead and Claypool shred until my fingers bleed, particularly toward the end of the song:

FINALLY!!!

Oh yeah and at one point I swear he's saying BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER. :loco:

OK downloading.

But do me a favor - if you listen to "Communion", can you tell me which 70's band they sound like? Sy X seem to have a very 70's acoustic prog vibe, and I'm curious to know what the influence is. I've heard it's Kansas, but perhaps you can listen and let me know your opinions please? Danke you vunt.

One Inch Man said:
That was some good shit, albeit a little over the top for daily listening (but not in a bad way).

Here, listen to Buckethead and Claypool shred until my fingers bleed, particularly toward the end of the song:

FINALLY!!!

Oh yeah and at one point I swear he's saying BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER. :loco:

hehe ... what band is this? ... Claypool is in top form here :headbang:

The guitar solo at 4:40 is outstanding!!! He has a really cool tone, and his style of playing sounds like he's just about to fall off the fretboard, but he keeps it all in check. I have a Buckethead CD, but he just doesn't shred enough on it -- it's all Godzilla shit and narrative. Just give me the fretboard blitzkrieg!!

Remember when GnR played at the MTV awards 2 years ago? I was like, yeah Buckethead aint no Slash, but then they did the new song from Chinese Conspiracy, and I was like, "oh yeah, I like this new direction with the Bucketman". He's got a KFC bucket on his head for crissakes!

Isn't there a rumour that Buckethead is really Ritchie Kotzen or someone else semi-famous?

lurch70 said:
hehe ... what band is this? ... Claypool is in top form here :headbang:
Colonel Les Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains. Featuring Les, Buckethead, the dude from Parliament/Funkadelic on keys, and Brain from Primus/GnR on drums. Sadly the album isn't terribly good, but has about 3 KILLER songs.
JayKeeley said:
The guitar solo at 4:40 is outstanding!!! He has a really cool tone, and his style of playing sounds like he's just about to fall off the fretboard, but he keeps it all in check. I have a Buckethead CD, but he just doesn't shred enough on it -- it's all Godzilla shit and narrative. Just give me the fretboard blitzkrieg!!

Remember when GnR played at the MTV awards 2 years ago? I was like, yeah Buckethead aint no Slash, but then they did the new song from Chinese Conspiracy, and I was like, "oh yeah, I like this new direction with the Bucketman". He's got a KFC bucket on his head for crissakes!

Isn't there a rumour that Buckethead is really Ritchie Kotzen or someone else semi-famous?
I'll upload the best track in a minute, total chill jam session with one of the fastest guitar solos I've ever heard, it doesn't make any damn sense at one point UH! *hipthrust*

My theory is Buckethead is Carrot Top. I'm serious, look:

Buckethead.jpg

carrot-top.jpg