DT Forum Members (and their messed up relationships)

donald rumsfeld was high school and university wrestling champion... so i understand why he's so attractive...

I am so glad I waited for some insight from other board members. I must respectfully disagree, but it is only in regard to the context in which the term "fuck buddy" is being used here. I guess I shouldn't say I disagree because there are some valid points that Rachel touched upon, which I may cover later in another post - or maybe not. THe gist of it revolves around fb's who are not honest and one partner is lead to believe the other is "available", ie, as in NOT has ANY a prior commitment to another (whether it's legal or not). Being a hetero female in my (thankfully few) experiences on the matter, all the perps in these types of deceptive acts have been male, but I'll save that rant for later. :lol: I have some email communiques to return and one of them is a MONSTER! In the meantime, I would suggest anyone who is interested in more insight into this subject from what I believe is an honest male's perspective, then watch Eddie Murphy's video "Raw" ;) Or, you can read a part of my perpective below (heh, ooooooooohhhhhhh) =):

Anyway, I believe your partner in boyfriend/girlfriend, husband/wife, (or whatever :^) situations should also be your fb, but not in the context it's being referred to here in this thread. Let's face it, if it isn't happening in the bedroom (or wherever you may get the deed done ;) for either partner, then it's doomed because one or the other will eventually wander off for greener pastures. Usually it's the ma... eh, later... :p

I've come to the conclusion that sex, honesty, and trust are what's important (for me). Not necessarily always in that order but I put sex first because it is an integral part of the relationship, and why a fb, in the context of someone who really does it for you, is important in keeping a healthy "partner" relationship alive. I sooo wish I would have known this before I got married...and eventually divorced. Bah. Later. Then, after that come the looks (aesthetics) factor and all that hoo-hah because the personality requirements are already dictated by the honest/trust attributes. Personally, I don't always put the aesthetics on the backburner in every case though. Sure I prefer the lads with the long locks, but it's not a requirement - especially if the lad lacking the locks possesses other non-aesthetically "attractive" features. And for complete clarity, I am in NO WAY referring to the gold-digger bitch-type of "attractiveness" some ladies rank high in their checklist either. *rolls eyes* I despise those types with a passion. I'm referring to other more...oh...i dunno, spirtually and intellectually fulfilling features? Meh.

Dhamn! I should really shut the hell up now. Gaaaaaah. :eek:

Before I close though, I must comment on one thing I find to be very interesting about the majority of the responses in this thread since I last visited, and that is how several of you focused your attention on the morality and sluttiness-factor issues. Heh. I wasn't looking for judgements in this, ppl, but maybe I overlooked its importance in the matter since so many of you so eloquently (and also with many words), voiced your thoughts about it. Hmmm. :err:

Maybe more later...must depart again for now... ciao! :wave:

Rebecca /does her combo Joan Rivers-Dr. Ruth impression: Can we talk.... about reaaaaly reaaaaly good sex here?* :lol: :err: Maybe that should be "Should we..." since it's a family forum an' all... :loco:

:p

np: Metallica - s/t (track 3)

Edits: NOT and ANY

wildfyr said:
Before I close though, I must comment on one thing I find to be very interesting about the majority of the responses in this thread since I last visited, and that is how several of you focused your attention on the morality and sluttiness-factor issues.

i focused on hyena's boyfriend wanting to bed me, hopefully offering an entertaining interlude. :p

rahvin.

digging up this thread for the sake of new reflections.

the new rammstein record has melted my heart and shut down the last vestiges of my mind, so i'll throw a question your way.

literature, films, you-name-it are awash with the concept of seduction, which corresponds to getting someone who initially didn't like you to do so. in my experience, people almost never change their minds. when it comes to me, there's no amount of affectionately cooked dinners, affectionately recorded compilations, intelligent conversation or sexual innuendo that can crack the code. either some form of attraction was there in the first place, or there's no way it's going to appear as a result of my actions. now, this might be just me being inept, but i think it also applies to some of the people i know.

so, i ask you this question: is seduction possible, as a general rule? and how the fuck does it work?

Honestly, in my opinion, I'd have to say that you're correct. I mean, in all of those media forms, it's always the really dastardly guy/girl who is an expert con, who manages the seduction. It seems to be that he/she figures out exactly what their target secretly(or not) wants the most, and changes their personality/look to fit. It, to me, seems like it could be done, but honestly, I've never seen it really tried, let alone correctly.

~kov. (I told you it was an awesome album. By far the best yet. Originally had the following playing, then funky Los came on...)

Yes, it works. How? That's entirely up to the two people understanding eachother. Or at the very least, the seducer understanding the seducee incredibly well. Otherwise, seduction doesn't work. It's all about pushing the right buttons at the right times.

Anyone agree?

@ben: ok, i see what you mean. but this seems to me to be slightly devoid of authenticity, and it's a vicious circle really - if i take the time to figure out exactly how to please someone in the first stages of a relationship, it means i have enough emotional detachment to do that, and (more importantly) that my objective is not forming any sort of communion but merely "scoring". normally, i also want the other person to see me as i am in the few cases when i really care - this bars elaborate manouvering. it's a catch 22 honestly.

@kov: i don't really agree on the "best album" judgment, i still prefer "mutter", which had about four masterpieces on it. this record is good - the title track gives me the creeps, "ohne dich" and "amour" make me want to drown myself, and "mein teil" gets me all hyped up, but i'm still more involved with stuff such as "mein hertz brennt".

Hyena: In regards to Rammstein, try Herzeleid and Senschut (spelling?), they are much better than the later two, after giving them a listen. Much more powerful songs.

In regards to seduction, it doesn't necessarily need emotional detachment, instead, quite the opposite; you need the amount of interest to be able to dedicate the time to it, and you need to see it as more of a game than an art of war. And not a game in the 'let's score' sense, but in the 'let's make this person feel as wanted as I want them to want me'. It's difficult to really pin down how it works, but trust me, if you're going after the right person, then showing them a bit of the real you is seduction in itself. The 'elaborate manouvering' is showing this when it will be most devastating; this isn't emotional detachment, it's being in tune with emotions. :)

@ben: i'm not that big herzeleid fan, although sehnsucht most certaily has a special place in my heart because of "tier". i prefer later works tho, because of the prominent orchestral arrangements.

as for seduction, i guess you're privy to some big secret i do not understand, and even if you patiently try to explain it to me i'm so thick-headed that i'm not really getting it. oh well... :p

@ben: but i wasn't saying that you're wrong! i was serious in stating that i'm thick-headed in the matters of the heart...

I know you weren't, just meant we all have strengths and abilities in different areas, guess it just came out wrong lol. I'm thick headed in the matters of making money last, for example. ;)