DT Forum Members (and their messed up relationships)

well, i don't know how this thread switched from 'relationships' to 'rammstein', but i'll just give my opinion after one full day of listening to the new album over and over: in my opinion, the title track is this record's 'mein hertz brennt', and i'm absolutely astonished (not to mention moved to tears) by the two ballads. i like 'morgenstern' as well, but at some point it leaves me suspended - very ambitious intro and then i sort of would like to hear the strings all through the song, while in some points it loses a bit of complexity. gotta love the vocal acrobatics on that one tho. 'mein teil' gives the album a dose of the evil atmosphere i know and love about the band, but it's just one song unfortunately - i'd love to see more rotten, degenerate tracks, especially considering how good was the video. :p 'keine lust' attempts at it and it's a nice tune, but it doens't crack the code entirely. i'm in two minds about 'moskau' and 'dalai lama', i need some more listens to form an opinion. 'amerika' is a bit silly and as for 'stein um stein'... weird, but it's my less favorite track so far.

Well lets put it back on track again :D.

So I get this call around 5 yesterday from Marisa's (my ex) boyfriend. He's like, "Were you at Famous Dave's (her place of employment) talking shit about Marisa?" I said, "Yeah, I was discussing certain whorish things that are pertinent to my past relationship." he said, "If you ever talk shit again Im going to rip off your dick and fuck you with it." I said, "Look, firstly, you are talking to me on the telephone indstead of face to face that right away gives away fact that you're a pussy, secondly: any man would come up to me and talk face to face, especially if you want to hurt me, Thirdly: I live at 1527 Marengo in Forest Park, come stop over."

Then he told me Im a closet fag, I was in a circle jerk in high school,etc,etc. I kept saying if he has a problem I'd be more than happy to meet him somewhere or he could stop by, and he was like, "If I see you at college or at Famous Dave's Im going to beat your ass." So I basically just repeated myself, and he kept swearing at me. I told him if he ever approaches me it wouldnt be smart, if he comes to my house Im going to
split his fucking head open, and if he and his friends come Im just going to shoot them. Then he hung up :D.

I should have asked him to call me back after he kissed Marisa to tell me how my dick tastes ;).

Nick

Wolfman Von Jones said:
So I get this call around 5 yesterday from Marisa's (my ex) boyfriend. He's like, "Were you at Famous Dave's (her place of employment) talking shit about Marisa?" I said, "Yeah, I was discussing certain whorish things that are pertinent to my past relationship." he said, "If you ever talk shit again Im going to rip off your dick and fuck you with it." I said, "Look, firstly, you are talking to me on the telephone indstead of face to face that right away gives away fact that you're a pussy, secondly: any man would come up to me and talk face to face, especially if you want to hurt me, Thirdly: I live at 1527 Marengo in Forest Park, come stop over."
is there a difference between the first and second point? :p

Miolo said:
is there a difference between the first and second point? :p
indeed. first point: any man would come up to him. second point: the caller didn't come up to him. ergo, the caller's gender is suddenly revealed. our nick is quite philosophical before the onslaught.

Originally Posted by Wolfman Von Jones

wolfman, i salute your bold hard-assness! you remind me of my brother (rip)and me :D dont take shit from no one!

@fireangel: you agree with me. you agree with me. maybe it's why tonight turned out so weird.

uh, it's me again. and this time i get the grand prize.

this conversation actually happened. enough said.

1: you know, i think that monogamy is wrong. my yardstick for love is "do i want to have a child with this woman?". all the other women i can bed, but i'll never love them.

2: right, i concur on the desire of a family being the true yardstick in a relationship, it's my convinction as well. but i don't agree on the rest. what if you and your girlfriend agree on having a kid and she sleeps with someone else? don't you get angry?

1: yes i do, but before lashing out at her i realize that i'm being stupid, because after all she may sleep with other men, but she's still with me. so i shut up.

2: oh really?

1: yeah. if she gets opportunities to explore other people and other potential relationships, she will either leave me for one of them or stay with me, convinced that i'm better than the rest. this is a very good way of proceeding, because it brings out the truth of love in every moment, compared and tested with alternative possibilities.

2: ok, but if on some specific night you want to be with her and she's off fucking someone else how do you fare?

1: i don't feel this constraint of time as you feel it. if it's not tonight, it will be tomorrow.

2: i reckon we don't see eye to eye on the notion of finite time, but what about the children you have? what if they see a lot of different women and men in relationships of varying intensity with their partner? they're going to be unbalanced.

1: are there ever happy families, of any kind, and based on any interpretation of how one should conduct their sex lives?

2: not really. no, not really. still, what comes out of this conversation is that we can't have a relationship. we have ideas of relationships that are too different. i'm really sorry about that, but that's how it is.

1: we already have a relationship. how do you call what we have?

2: right, we do, but i mean a proper relationship.

1: you mean we can't have a child.

2: hey, hang on, i wasn't going to that stage at all.

1: but we agreed that's the fundamental yardstick.

2: yes, yes we did. so we can't have a kid. i'm still sorry. and i normally think that if i don't want a kid with someone i don't even want sex with them and i don't even get involved really, not in the deep sense.

1: that's a vice though, that's a corruption operated by history. history is very important in shaping us.

2: i'd never dream of denying this, and i'll go one step further and say that "this system can not be reformed". some people think that they have to overthrow it, some others just sit back and buy into it. that's the whole problem really. i buy, you don't.

1: i think i'll drop economics and start writing about philosophy.

2: good riddance. do i get to see you this weekend?

1: i don't really know, i hope i'll be in town by friday but i'm not sure. i'm in town monday night for sure.

2: my dad's here for dinner on monday night so forget it.

1: but i had the whole night!

2: well, we can't have a relationship, now can we? that's the proof.

1: right, the cellphone fried my brains. goodnight honey.

2: yeah, whatever. goodnight.

I... have no idea how to respond to that. An interesting conversation, to be sure, and I agree with (1) on a few points, but all in all, I'm not quite sure what exactly (1) believes in. I couldn't possibly continue a relationship where the possibility was always there that my partner would be with someone else at any given moment. And I don't think that's me being 'too jealous' or something. And, btw, I'm assuming you are (2).

An interesting thought I had arises from part of your conversation. By your yardstick, the 'child' measure of a relationship, is it acceptable to say "If I were to ever have a kid, I would with this person", and still have that be counted as a 'true' relationship? As in, you don't want to have kids, but, were you to, it would only be with that person; i.e., that person is the only one who's ever made you think what it would be like to be a parent, or even contemplate it?

~kov.

i would have asked, what if you find someone you want to have a kid with, and she's perfect, but it's important for her that YOU don't have intimate/romantic relationships with other persons?

@vb: the response to that would have been 'she wouldn't be all that good if she didn't realize that it's a wrong concept', only expressed better.

@mags: whack is what i think too, and that's why i said that we're basically stuck with no chance of reaching an agreement... life's unfair sometimes.

@kov: well, i don't really know how to answer your question - i'll try and think about it and see if i come up with anything worthy... or i can ask him directly...

This goes beside the original topic and I don't even want to start a tangent discussion about this, but I just found it slightly humorous that I couldn't get past this point when I already disagreed with both the participants:

hyena said:
the desire of a family being the true yardstick in a relationship
Certainly not to me. I say desire of a family is (or should be) a requirement for having children; but neither having children or a family is an important factor in a relationship, IMHO. What's more, I'd probably find it impossible to have a relationship with someone, whose true yardstick in a relationship was the desire of a family.

Then again, perhaps this is one of the reasons my longest "serious" relationship is about two weeks. :p

-Villain

I just HATE when people revive old threads like this one. Although with this one it's ok, since it seems good and useful.

. . .

Hey look! New smileys!!! So that's what the upgrade was... I like 'em! :heh: :saint: :worship: :zombie: :Smokin: :err:

oooh, relationships. the thread is back.

i'm kind of burned out on romance these days. i realized i've been single forever, if you don't count small, insiginificant episodes. i haven't had a proper boyfriend, meaning someone i really believed in as a partner and who believed in me as such, since the year 2000. sometimes i just want to up and call it quits, it's weird how one can be apt at the majority of things in life and completely inept in this particular field. my dad used to say that maybe it's because i really don't want a relationship in a serious sense, i'm more concerned with work and traveling etc. - this looks more and more true to me as time progresses. on the other hand, i'm left with the chicken-and-egg question.

it's not that i don't like anyone - there are men i like, eventhough they are few and far between. but going for goal means that normally one has to suffer through high hell without getting anything in return; the one thing i have learned is that if someone cares they will approach me. only, the people who do approach me tend not to be to my liking, and i admit that i am suspicious of them for having had the weird idea of approaching me of all people.

I totally understand what you mean on that last part Claudia... It's like that with me too, and I'm especially cautious as in the past relationships have been deceitful for me.

That said, I have had virtually no interest from or for (actively) a woman since my break up in june last year (the little interest I did have was from two randoms off the net who didn't even get to know me before they were infatuated with me and Acting like full blown stalkers; hence why I know what Hyena means).

For a while the extreme singleness didn't bother me, because I was writing music and I had been overloaded with relationshipness from my ex... but now, I just feel like I've been out of the game so long that I'll never find a way back in. And at the same time there's so much I miss. I'm only responding in this thread because I dreamt I was with my ex again, even though she was still with her new BF. But we were acting the way we used to after not seeing each other for a few days. Like really really happy to be in each others company.

I don't even have a real life freind of the female persuasion at the moment. Unhealthy indeed.

hyena said:
oooh, relationships. the thread is back.

i'm kind of burned out on romance these days. i realized i've been single forever, if you don't count small, insiginificant episodes. i haven't had a proper boyfriend, meaning someone i really believed in as a partner and who believed in me as such, since the year 2000. sometimes i just want to up and call it quits, it's weird how one can be apt at the majority of things in life and completely inept in this particular field. my dad used to say that maybe it's because i really don't want a relationship in a serious sense, i'm more concerned with work and traveling etc. - this looks more and more true to me as time progresses. on the other hand, i'm left with the chicken-and-egg question.

it's not that i don't like anyone - there are men i like, eventhough they are few and far between. but going for goal means that normally one has to suffer through high hell without getting anything in return; the one thing i have learned is that if someone cares they will approach me. only, the people who do approach me tend not to be to my liking, and i admit that i am suspicious of them for having had the weird idea of approaching me of all people.

Theres a hell of a lot of concern for yourself there. Its good, but it will never lead anywhere. Your business-like approach to relationships is quite sad. You are talking about being apt, inept, getting something in return, blah-blah, its the same over and over and I bet its been like this since 2000. Youre too self-centered, from what youve written before and now, its obvious that your head is full of certain webs that you pull over everything (well, we all do in a way) and think thats how it is and should be (thats where you are wrong). My colleague is like you (apt and all, jeez...) and its really frustrating watching him walk in circles. Unless you change something about yourself, youll remain single until you die. But weve already talked about that, havent we? And here it is again.