DT Forum Members (and their messed up relationships)

Stop being off topic you muppets! This is for those messed up ones among us with no labido and/or social skills :p... No, well done to you. I remember once Santu when you stated that you admired the security and general awesomeness of my relationship at the time, now the glove is on the other hand, the sock is on the other foot and basically, I'm-a-happy for you and full of admiration :p. How long has it been going now for you?

@Tali: haha, http://www.compfused.com/directlink/1253/ ;) ... Change the word Xbox to lap top.

Taliesin said:
Aww :)
Maybe I'll have a chance to be on more often once we buy a laptop for the missus, we'll see :D

oh yeah and very soon we will start speaking by msn messenger eventhough we are in the same room :heh:

marduk1507 said:
Unless you change something about yourself, youll remain single until you die.

Well, who's advocating mechanicism now? I sort of think that my likelihood of remaining single depends on the (completely random and unpredictable) fact that a guy might decide he wants me and i might just - equally randomly - happen to like him in return. the frustrating fact is that normally i can influence my life while in this case i cannot. or yes i can, by increasing sex appeal through clothes, haircut, and boob-enhancing surgery (well, no). but i'm so sick and tired of that. i concur, though, on the fact that i'm self-centered. not selfish per se, but self-centered yes.

hyena said:
the frustrating fact is that normally i can influence my life while in this case i cannot. or yes i can, by increasing sex appeal through clothes, haircut, and boob-enhancing surgery (well, no). but i'm so sick and tired of that.

To quote good old T.S., that wasnt what I meant at all. But you know that.

King Chaos said:
Stop being off topic you muppets! This is for those messed up ones among us with no labido and/or social skills :p... No, well done to you. I remember once Santu when you stated that you admired the security and general awesomeness of my relationship at the time, now the glove is on the other hand, the sock is on the other foot and basically, I'm-a-happy for you and full of admiration :p. How long has it been going now for you?

@Tali: haha, http://www.compfused.com/directlink/1253/ ;) ... Change the word Xbox to lap top.
Yeah i remember that :erk: Though my relationship was great back then too, but so was yours, hehe. Ohwell, you're better off without that bitch, she didn't deserve you. We've been together for 2 years now.

Human Desert said:
Yeah i remember that :erk: Though my relationship was great back then too, but so was yours, hehe. Ohwell, you're better off without that bitch, she didn't deserve you. We've been together for 2 years now.
Congrats :). And I am better off without her, it's true. Saw her about two or three months ago (the day I went to see DT in manchester, she was at macdonalds in the train station) and she'd put on a load of weight. Haha. As aposed to me, who has become buff since the split. I win!

solitude.

the short version (though it is much more complex) is that i loved someone, and she loved me, but circumstance tore us apart, yet i still love her.

Kenneth R. said:
solitude.

the short version (though it is much more complex) is that i loved someone, and she loved me, but circumstance tore us apart, yet i still love her.

Thats good. I mean, you love each other, only the circumstances are against you. Its good that youve shared the feeling of loving and being loved, thats the most important thing. It hurts like hell now, but I think you can find consolation in that. :)

King Chaos said:
Congrats :). And I am better off without her, it's true. Saw her about two or three months ago (the day I went to see DT in manchester, she was at macdonalds in the train station) and she'd put on a load of weight. Haha. As aposed to me, who has become buff since the split. I win!
Haha :heh: No wonder if she spends half of her days in mcdonalds. Probably waiting for someone to hit on her, but i bet no one wants her now :heh:
Btw, the last sentence in my previous post sounded like i'm going out with your ex :p

marduk1507 said:
To quote good old T.S., that wasnt what I meant at all. But you know that.

i know it wasn't, but i'm somehow persuaded that the true solution lies in stopping being tomboyish. i have male friends of all sorts and they're mostly open and sincere with me (because i am a tomboy, possibly). i see how they judge and choose women. they first need to want to bed her then they'll think about going out with her. this is not a feminist jab, i'm the same - i choose men over considerations that have little to do with internal worth, moral values, selflessness, and relate to immediate attraction even though they're not exclusively physical. it's just a game where everyone is unfair.

Human Desert said:
Haha :heh: No wonder if she spends half of her days in mcdonalds. Probably waiting for someone to hit on her, but i bet no one wants her now :heh:
Btw, the last sentence in my previous post sounded like i'm going out with your ex :p
:lol: yeah it does. She got dumped by my ex best friend a couple of months back I think (the one who I fell out with three years ago because he wouldn't stop a) hitting on her even though she was mine and B) Kept saying he wanted to "kill me", even though I'd honestly done him no wrong by falling for somone he lusted for, she was fair game). I get the feeling she's become some kind of tralala crack whore. A shame indeed, but I guess it was her destiny. :loco:

hyena said:
i know it wasn't, but i'm somehow persuaded that the true solution lies in stopping being tomboyish. i have male friends of all sorts and they're mostly open and sincere with me (because i am a tomboy, possibly). i see how they judge and choose women. they first need to want to bed her then they'll think about going out with her. this is not a feminist jab, i'm the same - i choose men over considerations that have little to do with internal worth, moral values, selflessness, and relate to immediate attraction even though they're not exclusively physical. it's just a game where everyone is unfair.

Well, unfortunately, you hit the nail on the head. :) And it probably becomes even more unfair when youre older I guess. Then all those youth ideals and platonic values are long gone and all you are left with is pure strategy. But to come back to what your father said, do you really want to love and to be loved? And can you?

King Chaos said:
:lol: yeah it does. She got dumped by my ex best friend a couple of months back I think (the one who I fell out with three years ago because he wouldn't stop a) hitting on her even though she was mine and B) Kept saying he wanted to "kill me", even though I'd honestly done him no wrong by falling for somone he lusted for, she was fair game). I get the feeling she's become some kind of tralala crack whore. A shame indeed, but I guess it was her destiny. :loco:
Sounds familiar. People hating you just for being with the person you love. Has happened to me too. Jealous pieces of shit should just stay inside their own little lives. Some people also dislike my boyfriend because they want me and don't get that i'm already with the person i love and that's not going to change. They lost me as a friend too because they wouldn't stop hitting on me and i got sick of it (and Lasse got sick of it a lot earlier, he never liked those people anyway because he knew they wanted me even when i didn't know it.)

marduk1507 said:
Well, unfortunately, you hit the nail on the head. :) And it probably becomes even more unfair when youre older I guess. Then all those youth ideals and platonic values are long gone and all you are left with is pure strategy. But to come back to what your father said, do you really want to love and to be loved? And can you?

Want, yeah. Can, probably not my strong suit. Waiting for someone who helps me to grow up. Or not.

Chill, we just happen to live in a delicate schizoid world. After war breaks all over again and sophist relativism gets smashed by the bomb's moral impact, maybe people will sort of (re?)discover what human relations are about. No more right or left, mommies and daddies will love their children again, we'll all kneel before the new myth of global conscience, Jesus will come down with Ron L. Hubbard at his right. And you all will finally be able to find a loving, caring, tender partner.

Yes.