DT show update-Philly, PA.........

LoneWolfMusic

Jan 28, 2004
I just got back from the show. I was late 15 minutes thanks to some loser fatso at the minute market. Here is the highlights.

Came into Under a Glass Moon. The boys were solid as a rock. They palyed about 3-4 songs from ToT. Rudess and Petrucci solo'ed a bit. Rudess kicked ass, bur Petrucci did some half-assed acoustic thing I was waiting for him to unleash but he didn't. His solo was not impressive.

Intermission: They came back on with this real trippy keyboard stuff and then into Echoes Pt 1, by Floyd. It was sweet......kicked ass. What a pleasant suprise.

I know last tour they did FULL albums and I thought that was a rip-off. So a 15 min Floyd cover was sweet. The video screen footage was cool. 3 big screens........

The encore was In the Name of God. I thought they could have done something better........but.

As far as Portnoy's drumming, he is still awesome. A good drummer should not be judged by his solo'ing alone. His composing skills are GREAT and so is his drumming. I would like to see a 5-10 Min solo.........ALONE. Maybe in the middle of ytseJam. James Labrie was right on the money and sounded great. He has really matured as a vocalist.

Say what you want but that sold out show speaks for itself. They are still one of the best Prog bands in the world.

----------------------

Special announcement coming next week about new releases by Lone Wolf Music.

www.lonewolfmusic.com

As I Am
This Dying Soul
The Mirror / Lie solo
Under a Glass Moon
Through My Words
Fatal Tragedy
Goodnight Kiss
Solitary Shell
Endless Sacrifice
Trial of Tears
----Intermission----
Echoes (!)
The Ones Who Help to Set the Sun
Honor Thy Father
Key solo (something that sounded like Eruption in there)
Erotomania
Voices
Silent Man
Finally Free / Coda
----Encore----
In the Name of God

HOLY POOP ON A STICK! AWESOME SHOW!!!

Looks like a decent set of songs, a long show. Although I personally would enjoy hearing some optional tunes, DT always offer an enjoyable concert experience, you never leave feeling like you've been let down for a lack of songs. I give them a lot of credit. They've developed a great deal of stamina.

CT always gets screwed? Houston didn't even get a show within hundreds of miles and you're complaining about the setlist? There's just no pleasing some people.

Philly show was alright, but the NYC gig was a lot better, better setlist and half an hour longer! Here's the NYC setlist:

As I Am
This Dying Soul (sound went out for a short while)
Beyond this Life (w/ Zappa Jam)
Hollow Years (Extended intro/solo)
The Great Debate
Another Day
Endless Sacrifice
Trial of Tears

--intermission--

A Change of Seasons
Keyboard Solo
Caught in a Web - Drum Solo (w/ audience participation)
Honor Thy Father
Vacant (WITH CELLO)
Stream of Consciousness (CELLO)
Disappear (CELLO)
Pull Me Under

Encore: In the Name of God

LoneWolfMusic said:
What kind of audience particiapation??????????

I missed it....DAMN !

JWC

www.lonewolfmusic.com
During the one-drum drum solo, Portnoy called someone "with the Megadeth shirt on" up on stage to join him for a jam. The guy was pretty good too. Then he called out an open invitation to anyone from the back of the audience, and another guy got on stage and joined Portnoy in a jam on the Siamese Monster, but he obviously wasn't a drummer. It was still awesome though.

And I have to disagree: the Philly setlist was much better except for Change of Seasons. Then again, NY's set was similar to the DC show which I saw also, so maybe it's because of that.

Yeah, I saw the Boston, Philly, and NYC show...and if I had to choose the best one, I'd have to say all of them. They were all mind-blowing and quite the experience. They were all on the money, but I *hope* one-day Myung is louder in the mix, he's too good to leave out there high and dry. w00t for Dream Theater! :headbang:

Philly show was AMAZING....and to the guy who said he played something that was eruptionish.....i actually believe he played all of eruption ;) . I have no complaints about that show other than they didnt play A change of seasons (my fav song)

I must say that I liked this show better than last years tour with QR.

But the Met 2000 is still my Fav as it was my first DT show and they played Met 2000 in its entirety.

The fact that they suprised us with a cover of Floyds Echoes made this show one to remember. Can't wait to see them on the 2nd leg !!

JWC

www.lonewolfmusic.com