DT Vinyls

Thanks for the link! I may have to buy a whole bucket of DT vinyls. Other than WAtV, I haven't gone back and gotten every DT album since I started collecting vinyl.

Also, everyone should click through to that link, click on the picture for OCAEN EP, and take a personal stab at telling me exactly what the fuck is going on in that cover photo.

I was not aware of this OC(a)N vinyl? Is this also from the Back on Black vinyl series?

Does anyone know if there's any sound degradation with 'colored' vinyl? I know that picture albums are known for having poor sound due to the extra chunk of cardboard slipped in, but I'm wondering if non-black vinyl has the same problem.

Does anyone know if there's any sound degradation with 'colored' vinyl? I know that picture albums are known for having poor sound due to the extra chunk of cardboard slipped in, but I'm wondering if non-black vinyl has the same problem.

Hmm no idea. I wish I could make a comparison, but I'd need the two versions of the same release. Right now I can only think of 'Decipher' of After Forever, which has the regular black and a coloured (purple) version. I only own the latter, though. But it's interesting, I didn't know there was a difference.

So, is that the new cover? It just looks like they cut the face off of the cover, laid the vinyl over the original cover, and put the face cutout on top of it.

I'm just curious to know who the people in the picture are. I've never seen people (with the exception of one heavily interpreted Mikael) on a DT cover, some I'm curious.

Just got my copies of both OC(a)N and European WAtV vinyls.
Particularly the OC(a)N is amazing. THe vinyl is single sided with a beautiful etching on side B, and the cover is cutout so that we can see the etching. THe band and album names appear only on the plastic cover.
Here are some pictures (not of good quality, sorry).
DSC_0965.JPG

DSC_0966.JPG

^ Nice! Thanks for posting the link!

Yeah NotVD also released the OCaEN vinyl. They release very luxurious and beautiful vinyls, I've got a couple (one of Sodom and the other I can't remember), and they're certainly way above average. Too bad the other LPs weren't made by them. And I still haven't bought those hehe.

it has became commonplace to use recycled black vinyl, melted unsold records with all of the impurities, sound quality suffers, with increased ticks, pops and other surface noises.
where as color vinyl is a virgin product, so it has a better sound quality that black

My Enter Suicidal Angels vinyl have a sticker on it saying "New artwork by FORMER guitarist Niklas Sundin", must be a typo right?

Nice vinyl, great sound by the way

Holy crap :eek: .

I wouldn't worry about it - in all likelihood a typo. It originally said "former guitarist" on the main page on the NotVD site as well, before they corrected it. And here's the band (with Niklas :D) giving it the official endorsement:

darktranquillity.jpg

I wouldn't worry about it - in all likelihood a typo. It originally said "former guitarist" on the main page on the NotVD site as well, before they corrected it. And here's the band (with Niklas :D) giving it the official endorsement:

darktranquillity.jpg

Nice! Yeah I wasn't really worried, but I guess the smiley didn't make that clear.

Cheers to the band for another release! :)