Dumb Pro Tools question

C-Martin

Mar 8, 2009
Montreal
www.soundclick.com
I feel kinda dumb for asking something that's probably default knowledge but I've searched and could not find the answer no where and i kind of need to get back to work on a project so i thought i'd ask here. I've never had this problem until now, for some reason my PT session has decided to snap all regions to grid but only from the head of the region. Usually that's fine but i have situations where i need the regions tail to snap to the grid. How do i get it back to default where it snaps to the nearest grid point weather it be at the head or at the tail of the region? I don't want to snap the tail to another region (That's all the info i could find), I'm doing manual edits and want the regions to snap to the nearest grid point from either the head or the tail of the region.

I don't think Pro Tools can do that man, each region only has one sync point (default at the beginning of the region) and it always syncs to that. You can move the sync point to the end if you know you are trying to sync the end of the region instead of the beginning but you can't have both.

I don't think Pro Tools can do that man, each region only has one sync point (default at the beginning of the region) and it always syncs to that. You can move the sync point to the end if you know you are trying to sync the end of the region instead of the beginning but you can't have both.

Well that sucks... i thought for sure it could do that. Might be mixing it with when i worked with Audition years ago, guess i'll just have to go in slip mode then. Man I hate project that aren't on clicks with inconsistent players... :yuk: Thanks for letting me know.