trim multiple regions on same track - pro tools

no slipping

no multi region fading

no multi region trimming

welcome to slow tools
lol

and my pt sessoin just crashed twice while recording guitars. all i was doing was making tracks with pod farm inserted on it. pt would crash when i'd hit the zoom in key on the edit window...

=

Hey Joey,

Im a big fan of your work, despite all the haters you get, I think you do a great job considering the low budgets and amount of time you are given to work with! Im not sure what you mean by slipping but the other 2 I do on a daily basis from drum editing in Pro Tools. Saves hours!

I heard you switched back to Nuendo, but in case you havent all you need to do is use the object grabber and hold shift (with groups on to set across multiple tracks as well) to select all the regions on that track, and then hold option & + or - to trim the beginnings of the regions, or command & + or - for the ends. Make sure you are using the + & - on the numeric keypad because the other above the qwerty does not work. pissed me off when I went to editing on my macbook pro. I had to get a numeric keypad just for that.

For multiple fades just select the regions you want to crossfade with the regular grabber and hit command & F. Then a dialog comes up and lets you define the fades to your specs.

I still prefer the beat detective chop and quantize with these 2 handy tools over elastic any day. WAYYYY faster. I can edit drums in between songs to give the drummer a 20 min break and when we go to lay down bass they are already done.

Hope that helps, Id love to have our work cross paths someday!

Figured I'd bump this as I've wanted to do the same today and found out how to do it!

1. Engage your “object grabber”.(not your “regular” grabber, object grabber has two boxes above the hand)
2. Hold down Shift and select all the regions you want. (they will have a yellow border around each of them)
3. Hold down command and use the + and – keys (on the numeric keyboard) and you can easily trim and extend them (the ends of the region). NOTE that the increment is based on your nudge value.
4. Hold down OPTION and you can do the same to the beginnings of the selected regions.

The only downside is that you need to hold shift and individually click on each region you cant to do this on, you cant click and drag like you can with the trim tool.

Hope this helps some of you, I know it's saved me a bunch of time today!

if you've got the region selected you can hit shift+option+enter and it selects all the regions in that track, though I haven't got a numeric keypad to see if it applies the object trim to all regions

I believe there were some similar threads on this factoring around some Youtube video tutorial for slip editing drums in Reaper and all of the settings automatically applied the trimming with the slip editing movements.

I believe the guy tracked in Protools, opened the drum tracks to edit in Reaper and imported them back in to Protools.

There were some solutions in Protools that do the same thing but werent as simplistic and sliding things around as in Reaper etc.

For the price of Reaper I tried it out.

In 1 minute you can right click on all of your drum tracks to export them to a folder and then open Reaper to import them.

Exporting them is as easy as dragging them from a folder into your Protools Window on its track.

Pretty fast process but I wish Avid was paying attention to things like this to include in new Versions. Maybe Protools 10 does this. I dont know as I havent shelled out $600+ for 10 HD from 9.