DVD : their headbanging sound fake

opethfan

New Metal Member
Mar 17, 2003
France
Visit site
Regarding the DVD, we can see mikael and peter headbanging. It sounds false because they seems to be forced because of the recording of the DVD. I've ever see them several times and usually, Peter and mickael doesn't headbang like this.
The second thing is that we can see that in a same song (the leper affinity), peter haven't got the same shirt, i know is quick but i wonder.

Well they may have put a tad more 'visual energy' on that show because it was to be spread all over Europe and the USA (like you mentionned). I don't think that's worth a public remark, though. Maybe you're right, maybe you're wrong... I haven't seen it yet, but my editor has it already received for me. Can't wait!

And about the t-shirt: nice eye for detail, but again: an obsolete remark ;)

opethfan said:
Regarding the DVD, we can see mikael and peter headbanging. It sounds false because they seems to be forced because of the recording of the DVD. I've ever see them several times and usually, Peter and mickael doesn't headbang like this.
The second thing is that we can see that in a same song (the leper affinity), peter haven't got the same shirt, i know is quick but i wonder.
Then burn the DVD and start hating Opeth. I know I would. :loco:

They've headbanged the three times I've seen them and on a bootleg I've seen from '96 they headbanged a lot then, more so than in the three times I've seen them.

If anything, I'd say that they headbanged more last time I saw them (last April) than in the DVD.

I don't think they 'put it on' or 'faked it' at all. I mean, c'mon, when you play live, there is so much fucking energy.

You HAVE to headbang.

Katabasis said:
If anything, I'd say that they headbanged more last time I saw them (last April) than in the DVD.

I don't think they 'put it on' or 'faked it' at all. I mean, c'mon, when you play live, there is so much fucking energy.

You HAVE to headbang.

Plus it was their goddamn dvd that they were recording for the exclusive purpose of generating more fans and making the fans they have now even more hardcore into them... it only makes sense that they would feel a ton of fucking energy.

I haven't seen it yet. Just ordered it from amazon uk. I know the Pal Ntsc deal, but I own a dvd player that actually changes from ntsc to pal (I know this becausde I own some pal dvd's) The problem is that it's not in my room, so I figured I will also buy the ntsc version when it appears (I just couldn't wait) Any way I've only seen them live once, and it was the only time they came over to Mexico, and they headbanged quite a fucking lot.

opethfan said:

Do you mean that all through the gig he's wearing one shirt but during The Leper Affinity his shirt changes? I thought this was all from one concert, not a Metallica-style DVD where they play 2 shows and paste together the DVD from that to make one.