e530 + impulses test

Yeah tubes are stock. I've got some spares lying around but they are just EHX and Sovteks, so I'm not sure they're an improvement.

TBH mine came with faulty tubes, so i can't judge the stock ones.
I went straight to the shop to buy new tubes but they only had groovetubes.
So i got a pair of those.They sounded good.Warm is the right word.
But after a month or so i ordered some sovteks and the sound became more tight and gainy.
I believe most ppl using the e530 here, suggest JJ's.
I really wanna try those:)

It sounds good!. To be honest,I can't remember listening to a bad sounding clip out of that little beast! Are you happy with it? I consider buying one..
What recabinet impulses did you use? Did you blend 2 recabinet impulses in one guitar with LeCab? I think though,that the engl impulse is Poidaobi's and not Catharsis'. I might be wrong though..

It sounds good!. To be honest,I can't remember listening to a bad sounding clip out of that little beast! Are you happy with it? I consider buying one..
What recabinet impulses did you use? Did you blend 2 recabinet impulses in one guitar with LeCab? I think though,that the engl impulse is Poidaobi's and not Catharsis'. I might be wrong though..

So far I'm very happy with it. Its taking better to impulses than my Blackmore, sounds a bit more organic.

I quad tracked.

2 tracks blending these:
Recabinet demo 1960a sm 57 edge45 0_5 and either cap or cone from the same folder, I forgot

2 tracks blending these:
1960a sm 57 edge45 0_5 and englv30higherpres-01.

If that is Poidaobi's impulse I apologize...I mix them up because the names are so similar.

Thanks for listening :kickass:

I'm still working on it. Gareth mentioned its a bit phasey and now he mentioned it I think he is right.