Edge Of Sanity - Crimson

and it has never (in parts, of course) been performed live?? even small bits of it??

I remember Dan told they once toured with EOS and started the show with the Crimson first riffs and ended the show with the ending of Crimson.
I also remember him saying, because of that people thought they played the whole Crimson ;)

I've heard this album... or song... for the first time ever, today. It is nothing short of amazing in its ridiculous length.

What do all of you think about this album/song?

Silence you infidel! :hotjump: :p it is amazing!

This is an album that grows in me every time i listen to it! It is a concept album with a great storyline!

Try Crimson II and then your mind will explode! :hotjump:

I've been on a Cynic fix for the past few years, but Crimson (and II) are rapidly filling that spot. It's like all of the same great elements, cranked up a notch. Although Cynic's work is very technical/precise/musical, the energy in Edge of Sanity is just seeming to catch my ear a little bit more these days.

Um...is it too late to put a vote for Purgatory Afterglow?

And I played EoS when I dj'ed at my metal night last night, it was pretty cool.

Hello, I am new here, my name is Alexander, I'm from Italy and I discovered Edge of Sanity and Dan Swanö's world only this year. No need to say that Crimson has quickly become one of my favourite albums, because of its being aggressive, epic and progressive at the same time. I've been very fascinated by this masterpiece and I wanted to ask you something about its rehearsing. I mean, it is not very clear (to me, at least) how they came up to the idea of making a 40-minute-long single suite instead of a "normal" album (like Purgatory Afterglow was). I thought Opeth style (whose Orchid had been released in 1995, one year before Crimson, and produced by Dan himself) could have influenced Edge of Sanity, but I noticed that Crimson's structure is pretty different from the Orchid's tracks' one. Then, if there are some interviews where Dan speaks accurately about this great album, please let me have the link, since I am very curious...