Edge Of Sanity - Crimson

AnTz0r said:
what is special about 42?

:cool:
not a hitchhiker, eh?

well.. to explain it in detail is very very complicated, but the short version will help you out: it´s the answer to life, the universe, and everything

I was reading an interview with Dan about Crimson... Its such an amazing song, I never really thought about an actual human writing that song... I mean, what kind of humans could actually do such an epic, brilliant song? Wow... If anybody knows what I mean, i'll give you an eHug...
But seriously, imagine if you had written that song... imagine if you had the capability to write something CLOSE to that... all hail Lord Swano

This may be going out on a limb but personally I prefer Crimson 2, Crimson is amazing, but its a matter of opinion. And what I think would be really amazing is if Mr.Swano and Mikael teamed up and wrote a "crimson III", maybe not the same story line, but the same idea musically

It´s now 12 years old and it still so damn amazing.
There is that part 26:56 to 29:30 where dan´s voice is very soft and clean, still it kicked my balls out of window, haven´t heard dan singing like that in a while and now i want more that soft and clean voice, don´t care what album but all is that i want it more.

This is the album that fully got me into death metal. I was listening to a friend's show at the time when he was still here in the U.S., and I could not believe what I was hearing. As soon as I found a store that carried it, I went there and bought it. It still sounds fresh and original to me to this very day.

:cool:
not a hitchhiker, eh?

well.. to explain it in detail is very very complicated, but the short version will help you out: it´s the answer to life, the universe, and everything

Right on! 42 is the answer to the ultimate question. Whats the ultimate question? Who knows, we'll have to wait another 10,000 years to find out. But the answer most certainly is 42.

As for Crimson... Wow... simply put, its a damn masterpiece. And pretty much one of the best pieces of music out there. Its like an orgasm for the ear.

Crimson is the very first Death Metal album I bought! And that was the year it came out. Now I have three, I think, it's not really my cup of tea. :) And I still think this album kicks ass!:kickass:

You who want more of Dan's clean singing should listen to the record he's recently released with his brother, and a few others. If I only could remember the name...well, I suppose someone might give me a helping hand here? It's like "creme de la creme" in Swedish prog-metal, really really good! :worship:

/SE

I still love Unorthodox a bit more because it was a very special time in my life when this record came out but nowadays I must agree: Crimson as well as Crimson II are masterpieces! Well done!

You who want more of Dan's clean singing should listen to the record he's recently released with his brother, and a few others. If I only could remember the name...well, I suppose someone might give me a helping hand here? It's like "creme de la creme" in Swedish prog-metal, really really good! :worship:

/SE

Nightingale.

I'm pretty sure that every user that posts here knows them. If not, then they should immediately buy the albums!

Nightingale, thank you. Getting older has its merits but memory drawbacks. :)
I only know if one album, which I have (the white cover). Is there another one? When did it come out? Is it as good?

/SE