Editing while listening on headphones or monitors?

Do prefer to listen on headphones or monitors while editing?

• Total voters

guitarplaya18

Dec 25, 2009
Just curious as to what you guys prefer. I personally like editing guitars while listening on headphones. I feel like I can hear the little noises and whatnot that should not be on the track better with headphones. What do you prefer?

Editing itself? Monitors.

After listening/tweaking to make it sound "good" on most speakers?

I put it on iPod and listen to it on a bunch of different speakers, including headphones.

Editing itself? Monitors.

After listening/tweaking to make it sound "good" on most speakers?

I put it on iPod and listen to it on a bunch of different speakers, including headphones.

yea, I am referring to editing only. Everything else I pretty much do with monitors (comp speakers...) and once I have a mix I like I listen to it on all sorts of stuff to find what needs to be adjusted.

Headphones, you're able to hear all the tiny nuances and artifacts.

agreed!

Monitors. I usually have a seperate line in connected to my iPhone so I can listen to other stuff while I edit. It's at a quiet level so when I play back in session it's louder than my iPhone.

I use monitors to edit the first time, then put it on my iPod and listen in my car, on headphones, stereo in my living room, pretty much anything that emits sound to figure out what needs to be changed.

I definitely prefer a good set of headphones.
still using monitors quite often tough.

usually when I'm editing drumsI listen at least once to all the drumtracks solo'd to hear if everthing was moved to the right beat, then I'll listen to the overheads solo'd to make sure there's no crackling, ride-flams etc (most common problem if someone else is editnig drums...they usually always come with double hits on the ride track etc...are people fucking deaf??

at least for that "overhead mic check" I prefer a good set of headphones.

i use headphones to edit. its more easy to check if there are glitches or unwanted noises, at least for me.