Edmonton show cancelled.. thanks a lot, guys

This guy has every right to bitch, Opeth wont be going back to Alberta anytime soon, hardly any metal acts make it up there, and its a bitch for the bands to get there, prally the reason they cancelled in the first place

Eh I'm not really that angry anymore.. thanks for seeing things from my perspective though. It'll be a looong time before they ever come back here.

david411 said:
This guy has every right to bitch, Opeth wont be going back to Alberta anytime soon, hardly any metal acts make it up there, and its a bitch for the bands to get there, prally the reason they cancelled in the first place

Why would Opeth give a fuck about Alberta though?

Think about that, if your dad had a heart crisis, and you couldn't go to work.
If your boss bitched about that, what would you feel? (don't get me wrong, i am just giving an example)

it's the same thing.It's not up to Opeth, they were just unlucky that Martin got sick again. what the hell could they do?? play without drums?!?
I am sure they did their best do reschedule that date, but it didnt happen.

so please stop fucking complaining, if you missed them, too bad, pray that they'll come back some time again.

and please stop fucking blaming or talking shit about Opeth.

he didnt blame opeth you fucking moron. Nor did he blame anyone. He was just saying he was pissed and it sucks..

Whats the difference where you bitch? he bitches on ehre im sure you will bitch to someone about it when/if your concert gets fucked up. most people do.

er. this is what ive heard

OPETH Cancel Edmonton Date, Reschedule For Two Days Later - Jan. 21, 2004

Sweden's OPETH were forced to cancel their date in in Edmonton (Canada) on Tuesday, January 20 due to one of their members falling ill. However, they have rescheduled a new date for Thursday, January 22 at Red's.

Beast In Flames said:
After they finished playing In My Time Of Need (which was the first song) tonight, Mikael said: "I have no idea why we haven't been here before," and he also promised to come back and make it up to us with a set as heavy as fuck! So, east shit and die, moron!

what did you expect him to say, mr. Smart? " I hate this place, i am so glad we are doing only 5 song set.."

lol whatever , btw you "east" shit!

Oh my god this is so retarded. Why is everyone upset cause he's angry? Wouldn't you be? So he unloads on the forums, so what? It's not like he said he has given up on opeth. An real fan would be fucking upset as hell, especially when you don't have many chances to see them. So stop being fucking stiffs and get that he's mad. And the only reason he's mad in the first place is because he is a fan, not cause he hates opeth. And if I were in a band and my fans didn't even care if we cancelled a gig I would fucking cry. So show a little respect and stop this "better than thou"-wannabe crap. It's pathetic.

And why is there always people, as soon as anyone makes a thread, starting throwing insults? "Fuck you bitch" "Shut the fuck up" bla bla bla bla bla... Aren't you embarresed?

Anyway, I hope you get to see them and I hope it'll be a great show.

why do some many people have to flame somebody, only because he was disapointed that the show was cancelled and there was no official statement.
people are whining for weeks about a silly support band, but thats ok?
it´s all about respect.
i´m mostly reading here for years now, but this place used to be a lot better.

Hearse said:
Bands do cancell gigs, it's life, get over it, thanks :p
for example (and just an example): I bet you have had few sick days in your life,
when you have skipped a day from work or school etc.

IF the reason for cancelling would be "we cancel the gig because we CAN! and we go get wasted insted... muahaha fuck you!" .. then you would have reason to hate the band.
oh finally, thanks, a smart FINN! :Spin:

Aja said:
What do you mean "you know they'll make it up to you"? They haven't even made an official announcement. I already said I know it's not the band's fault, but I'll bitch if I fucking want to!!

You Americans take it for granted, Opeth has done at least two tours in the past year or so, and a lot of you have had the chance to see them more than once!!! Hell, even Australia has had more tours than us. I've been a fan for years, I've never had the opportunity to see them until now, and I've been really excited about it for past few months. So yeah, I'm angry, and I think with good reason.

If they say they're gonna make it up, that'd be great. but as of now we've heard absolutely shit, I've used a ton of gas driving to and from the venue trying to figure out what the hell was going on, and now I have to make another trip to get a refund. I think I have the right to complain - no offense to Opeth, who I know, as I already stated, are sorry about the whole thing.

Dude..I was at their show in Calgary last night...they rehearsed once during soundcheck with their drum tech on drums so that they could at least play us a 5 song set (4 from damnation and a cover of soldier of fortune by deep purple)...so they really do feel bad dude..like insanely bad..Mikael apologized like 10 times..but he did say that next time they come to calgary (and I'm assuming this goes for edmonton, too) they are going to play us the heaviest fucking set ever. They even did a signing session for the fans to make up for it..and I know you're prbly mad that they didn't do this for you guys..but from what I've read in the news section on their site in the past...they always do their best to play a fucking long set or do something to make up for a fuckup with a show the next time they play that venue..so I guess we'll both just have to be patient.

@ Angelus - I think everyone is pissed at this person because of the WAY they vented in here. That person was acting holier-than-thou, which made more people act the same. I mean, for that person to say that they are "owed" something because of all the trouble they went to to not even be able to see a show and that they are "owed" compensation like a DVD just because THEY bought Opeth's cd is just pure ludicrous. I'm sure this is why people here are mad, because that's why I was mad when I read this thread at first. Opeth do not owe anyone anything. Yes, you bought their albums, but remember what they are doing now. They weren't able to salvage the Edmonton show, probably because they want to PRACTICE with the drum tech to make the rest of the tour go better. They will make it up to you, but not in the way you're demanding. I've driven TEN HOURS ONE WAY to see a gig that ended up being cancelled. Did I get mad? Nope. The bus broke down. I made the best of it and went sightseeing. Big deal. I will also be driving that far to see Opeth on this tour, so that I have MAYBE the opportunity to see four gigs, if all goes well. If something happens, I'll adjust and I know they will be back again. How many bands do you know that would have to cancel a gig and STILL show up later, just to sign autographs and talk to people? They are trying their best to make ammends.

I understand being disappointed about it, especially since they have never seen Opeth. But it's not like the band didn't try everything in their power to fix the problem. And put yourself in their shoes for a moment. It must be VERY difficult for them at the moment, trying to please the fans and also stand by, watching the hell Martin is going through. The Opeth guys should get respect for even TRYING to salvage the tour. They could've easily just gotten up and went home. REAL fans would understand that and see it for what it is.