Edmonton show cancelled.. thanks a lot, guys

Aja

New Metal Member
Jan 20, 2004
Well, the show's been cancelled... and it doesn't look like there's going to be a reschedule. What a load of shit... For all the trouble I had to go to get the tickets, then reaarange my schedule because the band was supposed to play thursday... Fans shouldn't have to work this hard.. we're the ones buying the records after all. I know it wasn't the band's fault, but it still pisses me off. I think we should get compensation, like a free copy of the DVD or something, because this is complete horseshit. There aren't even any updates on the website.

Im sorry man that really sucks....I know how pissed I would be in your situation. But Mikael is not an asshole and they will make up for it one day like I said before by playing you guys a blistering long set....you'll see...I know how much thats gotta suck man :-(

I know that Brian from albertametal is getting his information straight from the tour manager, but yeah:

deathbearer said:
I would like to hear an offcial announcement from the band.

I'm really fucking disappointed about this. I really wanted to see Opeth last night.

As always, stupidity and anger give way to patience and logic...

You know they didn't do this on purpose, you know they will probably try make it up later. Shit happens. Yet, you still made a bitch thread. Good job. It's the real fans that have the right to bitch after all, right?

What do you mean "you know they'll make it up to you"? They haven't even made an official announcement. I already said I know it's not the band's fault, but I'll bitch if I fucking want to!!

You Americans take it for granted, Opeth has done at least two tours in the past year or so, and a lot of you have had the chance to see them more than once!!! Hell, even Australia has had more tours than us. I've been a fan for years, I've never had the opportunity to see them until now, and I've been really excited about it for past few months. So yeah, I'm angry, and I think with good reason.

If they say they're gonna make it up, that'd be great. but as of now we've heard absolutely shit, I've used a ton of gas driving to and from the venue trying to figure out what the hell was going on, and now I have to make another trip to get a refund. I think I have the right to complain - no offense to Opeth, who I know, as I already stated, are sorry about the whole thing.

Aja said:
What do you mean "you know they'll make it up to you"? They haven't even made an official announcement. I already said I know it's not the band's fault, but I'll bitch if I fucking want to!!

You Americans take it for granted, Opeth has done at least two tours in the past year or so, and a lot of you have had the chance to see them more than once!!! Hell, even Australia has had more tours than us. I've been a fan for years, I've never had the opportunity to see them until now, and I've been really excited about it for past few months. So yeah, I'm angry, and I think with good reason.

If they say they're gonna make it up, that'd be great. but as of now we've heard absolutely shit, I've used a ton of gas driving to and from the venue trying to figure out what the hell was going on, and now I have to make another trip to get a refund. I think I have the right to complain - no offense to Opeth, who I know, as I already stated, are sorry about the whole thing.
Your stupidity and emotionalness have nothing to do with me being
American. Whatever.

If you don't like it don't read it. At least I didn't start a stupid "Is Orchid the best album??" thread.

Or how about I start a "is the growling really necessary?" thread? It's not like I owe anything to Opeth. They're successful because people like me bought the albums. I'll complain if I goddamn feel like it. Put me on your ignore list if you feel so strongly about it.

how many times has opeth toured canada? they've only been here once, which was an over 18's tour so most of my friends didnt get to see them anyway.

by the way, bands cancelling is a way of life over here. opeth have cancelled a tour, as have dimmu borgir, and rumours of arch enemy and in flames touring have been circulating for years. even when incantation toured i didnt get to see them because they had a car accident the night before the show i wanted to see. dont get all whingey and cry about opeth cancelling one show when they are doing heaps of others in the SAME BLOODY CONTINENT. shut up.