Education/Song Questions

jyng

Sep 30, 2002
www.mwis.net
Just curious about the background of education you all have. I recall Paul Craddick thanking S. A. Cortright on the Break album, whom I'm guessing was his philosophy teacher? Do each of you have degrees from college, and if so, what were your majors/minors, etc? Your lyric writing is so deep and thoughtful, and very enjoyable to get into.

I was also curious how you come up with the different subjects you sing about. I'm guessing a lot of it probably is life experiences you've been through? Or possibly experiences you've seen your friends or others go through? If I recall correctly, Ted mentions on the 'Live at Last' DVD that he likes writing lyrics after the music is complete. Are there ever times you write the lyrics first and then write the music around them?

Jay

jyng said:
Just curious about the background of education you all have. I recall Paul Craddick thanking S. A. Cortright on the Break album, whom I'm guessing was his philosophy teacher? Do each of you have degrees from college, and if so, what were your majors/minors, etc? Your lyric writing is so deep and thoughtful, and very enjoyable to get into.

I was also curious how you come up with the different subjects you sing about. I'm guessing a lot of it probably is life experiences you've been through? Or possibly experiences you've seen your friends or others go through? If I recall correctly, Ted mentions on the 'Live at Last' DVD that he likes writing lyrics after the music is complete. Are there ever times you write the lyrics first and then write the music around them?

Jay

Jay

I received most of my education from the school of hard knocks! I think most of us have, and to be honest that may be the key.

Paul was the scholar for sure.

Hey the lyrical content does come from experiences we and many people around us have been though. Usually the lyrics do come after the music.

Thanks for the post

jyng said:
Just curious about the background of education you all have. I recall Paul Craddick thanking S. A. Cortright on the Break album, whom I'm guessing was his philosophy teacher?
Jay

Looking for info the Xen project, I came by chance on this one :
http://paulcraddick.typepad.com/about.html

Not knowing what Paul "the drummer" looks like, I could not determine if it was just an homonym or not. Anyway, the guy's blog is interesting for those who are into philosophy.

I can confirm it is none other than......................

Actually it is his terrible evil diabolical mad genius twin :tickled: Xenbonious Maximus

He looks furious to me :Spin:

Please send that man well wishes and bomb him with XEN requests, he already knows he had a bassist ready to go anytime :cool:

Seriously dudes how can you not regognize The Man himself.

That reminds me I need to call him thanks guys

Dan thanks for the Little Wing, I love that song!

Ze Dan said:
hey he really looks like paul ! I checked my booklets if he's not Paul this is his twin brother Can anyone from the band can confirm ? Sean, Ed, Ted, Bill, Doug ?

ebass said:
Jay

I received most of my education from the school of hard knocks! I think most of us have, and to be honest that may be the key.

Paul was the scholar for sure.

Hey the lyrical content does come from experiences we and many people around us have been though. Usually the lyrics do come after the music.

Thanks for the post

Thanks Ed, for taking the time to answer my questions. I really appreciate the time you take to answer our questions as well as updating us on what's going on. Can't wait to hear some new Enchant tunes!!!

BrokenMachine, thanks very much for the info and link you sent. I found that to be very interesting.

Ed, can you tell us if Paul is still jamming on his drums? He's an awesome drummer with a very unique style in my opinion, and I hope he hasn't given up on this talent he has.

Jay

Thanks Jay

Paul is still beating the skins as well as playing a lot of guitar, he is well and appreciates you guys asking about him.

He is an amazing guy indeed!

Only you Djo

Hey he wrote it? and thought of it? so.........

Where the hell have you been!

I have some amazing Bobo stuff for you. You won,t believe it?

Did you catch the Pirates of the Dance tour man :yuk: :loco: :yell: :OMG:

Djöfull said:
Isn't Doug a proctologist?!

ebass said:
Only you Djo

Hey he wrote it? and thought of it? so.........

Where the hell have you been!

I have some amazing Bobo stuff for you. You won,t believe it?

Did you catch the Pirates of the Dance tour man :yuk: :loco: :yell: :OMG:
Ehmm... You seem to be more updated on the happenings of DJ Bobo :cool: What stuff are you referring to?
I have been in Greece and Roskilde festival, Denmark, but mostly in Iceland. ohhh .. you mean in cyberspace? Well, I kind of got bored with foreign message boards..

Indeed I am, I am stalking him. Obsessed man.

We share a page in a German Newspaper with D.J BOBO. We were presented with it in Oberhausen the morning of the last show of this years tour. I kept that one for the scrapbook. We had a good laugh on that one.

Our Merch girl Nic went on to work that tour after we went home. She said the the Pirate Boat was huge! I think we need one next tour Ted can be the captain of the Enchanted Pirates of the Dance with Bobo.

I am dissapointed that you have slipped on your BOBO.

Djöfull said:
Ehmm... You seem to be more updated on the happenings of DJ Bobo :cool: What stuff are you referring to?

I have been in Greece and Roskilde festival, Denmark, but mostly in Iceland. ohhh .. you mean in cyberspace? Well, I kind of got bored with foreign message boards..

ebass said:
Indeed I am, I am stalking him. Obsessed man.

We share a page in a German Newspaper with D.J BOBO.

Our Merch girl Nic went on to work that tour after we went home. She said the the Pirate Boat was huge! I think we need one next tour Ted can be the captain of the Enchanted Pirates of the Dance with Bobo.

I am dissapointed that you have slipped on your BOBO.
haha! I´m just imagining him and his fly dancers frollicking forth and back on this stageship! Very cool indeed that you have reach that point in your career to be put in the same mag as his Highness.
Well I found the profound lyrics of ze zuperhit on his homepage! =

We're gonna take you to another place
Where pirates dance and come from out of space
No time to sleep you can't be lazy
Get the party started, let's go crazy
Tonight's the night we're gonna set you free
Come everybody join the deep sea
Now stand together pirates we're a team
Raise a storm and raise your voice give us a wild scream
We are like shadows we are fast and sly
The legend lives and it will never die
Please join the gang and let me take a bow