Educational level/career choice and musical taste

Post_Scriptum said:
You're being stereotyped as "glue-sniffing" morons because a few metalheads are "glue-sniffing" morons. I think I've met one intelligent metalhead in my whole life (I don't consider myself being a metalhead). They're either fucking unintelligent or pseudo-intellectuals only listening to NSBM.

Judgments like that depend on your own experience. I've known metalheads who are either completely dumb, level-headed and fairly smart, or ones who are absolutely brilliant (myself included :Spin: ). On the other side of the coin, of all the people I've met who listen to pop, alternative, mainstream rock, rap, and nu-metal they were all of far lesser intelligence than most metalheads I've associated with.

The study is just placing people into groups based on hierarchy. It sounds like it is based more off of stereotypes than actual statistics. I do not think that it is a good representation of the population as a whole. Musical tastes vary from person to person. It is more about culture and personal ideologies than education. I know high school educated people who listen to a variety of different music from rock to jazz. But, I also know high school dropouts and other cretins who listen to the likes of ICP, Korn, and Marilyn Manson.

In other words, it depends entirely on the individual. I think that the study is intentionally trying to base everything on education and traditional stereotypes. I do not even listen to Wasp myself, nor do I know anyone who listens to them. I do not even consider myself a metal head. I listen to Opeth, David Bowie, and so on because I do not believe in limiting myself to one musical genre. I really do not try to fit myself into a particular group either. What is the point? Every genre of music should be enjoyed.

Junior in High School( honor roll....varsity/lettering football....and chess club as a side note) I plan on going to Cincinnati School of Mortuary Science to be an Embalmer...already started on my writing career....and I listen to Thrash/speed and Death...bands I prefer would be Slayer, Black Sabbath, Pantera, Overkill, Destruction, Deicide, Morbid Angel, Suffocation etc.