Ego death, death metal and black metal

Well, this seems like sommon sense to me, rather then some great philosophy. Of course the whole is more important then the part.

The irony is that the truth is very often less 'profound' than the lie. The lie contorts and counterfeits reality, and the intellectual gymnastics it requires are correspondingly intricate. The truth, by comparison, seems prosaically simple because it is self-evident.

The irony is that the truth is very often less 'profound' than the lie. The lie contorts and counterfeits reality, and the intellectual gymnastics it requires are correspondingly intricate. The truth, by comparison, seems prosaically simple because it is self-evident.

Now this is wisdom! This could easily be applied to the whole of our society today from birth unto death. Consider alone the ponderous, ideological machinery required to keep our collective, utopian fantasies afloat, despite the natural and reasoned resistance of reality. It only follows that we should treat death with the same arrogant disregard for truth as we treat life. Apparently, there is nothing less self-evident to us today than truth. And generally speaking, we enjoy the lie too much...

Well, what I meant is that this isn't a very original thought. I guess that I first had the thought of ego death as you put it when I was like in 5th grade. I mean, just step back and look at the big picture. Of course, I also disagree with the whole idea, see my other post for that. It was a well written article though. I enjoyed it. Good to think deeply about stuf, eh?

The book Siddhartha goes deep into this. Quite a fascinating concept. Anybody else here read that book?

Yeah.. I think my hopes were too high for the book, I had heard such great things. But when I was done reading it I was disappointed. However, when I think back on it now, they were some very interesting concepts. I should read it again someday, see what I think of it then.