Elder Scrolls

MurderForProfit

Obscene
Apr 13, 2007
Man I have to say after gettign into Morrowind and then jumping into Oblivion.. the graphics are undoubtedly better but the depth of the game lacks some serious content... not so much put into this one as morrowind... Any one else play?

Yeah, I liked Morrowinds story more but there are some things that were added in Oblivion that made me like it more than Morrowind. The best of course being actually showing you where to go for quests with the arrows on the compass. Also the fighting system and travel system were much better IMO. But still my favorite Elder Scrolls would have to be Daggerfall.

It just seemed that oblivion was way too dumbed down. After getting used to morrowind and playing a game where the skills weren't as in depth... just seemed a bit bland. But i agree as to the travel and fighting being better.

Yeah I guess it did feel a bit dumbed down since they would direct you straight to whatever you were looking for, but I actually welcomed it from the monotony of going in circles around Red Mt in Morrowind lookin for some rock formation shaped like god knows what then heading South from it then so forth and so on.

Yeah... the only problem i had was in the solstiem expansion when you were to go to some nord village on the north east of the island and investigate a theft by one of the village heros. i never got passed that... ive talked to every person there and noone gives useful information that could aid me. have you played that expansion?

Yeah I havent played it in a while because I cant get passed that... ehh I get really frustrated and almost want to break it. But yea... I just got ahold of some starcraft ROM for my N64 Emulator... i have the usb controller. I miss that game.

I really love Oblivion, the only disappointment for me was the armor and weapons, there's so few choice. Though many things like travel and combat were improved and the design of the land and cities is exellent!

oblivion is enjoyable but in a different way than morrowind, its more accessible and presenting.

many things in morrowind require more efforts from the player and i prefer that. when i first play the game it was enjoyable to figure out how to travel from place to places, and reading all the books about the gameworld theology system were extremely interesting.

Oblivion was extremely boring, gameplay and story wize the whole way through. Since i watched lord of the rings movie i knew the outcome before long. But I beleive it is very sucessful for many reasons. I really enjoy the graphic, so I only open the game once around and walking around to see the nature, its relaxing to the mind. But this is mainly due to the mods that really enhances the visual though, without them the game is bland. This is an important factor for this game, it has a very big modding community, so if you haven't try this out i recommend it. It also has an excellent presentation exspecially the ending, and the fighting system is vastly improved, i love using the bow in this game. Another sucess is the personalization of your characters, since many of the fanboys loves getting mods to make their character look like a half goth half anime character with big eyes balls unfocused pupil looking like its on cocaine. All they need to do now is provide a little more depth for players who wants more challenge, then it would be a perfect formula.

I play it, but I only got to watch others play Morrowind (wouldn't let me get near their damned character :lol:). I agree about the story, it is pretty dry, and I agree about the weapons...hell there aren't even that many enemies...

Hence why you need Martigens monster mod combined with Francesco's mod :cool:.

Honestly though, the game is boring unless you are a magic based character (as they have the most options available to them; whether it be in battle, stealth, or just making money).

Started to play Oblivion for the ps3 a couple of days ago and it´s very fun.Right now i´m a breton mage,but there´s so much to choose from.

I loved Morrowind and I thought it was way better than Oblivion. Oblivion was great too, and it was way easier and smoother (Plus a way better combat system), but Morrowind had way more stuff to do and it was more in-depth. Plus, I liked the music on Morrowind better and some of the Morrowind music was re-used on Oblivion anyways.

As others have said the only things better about Oblivion are the graphics and the physics engine.

Over time i have found some minuses in this game. The first is that when you level up,every other creature in the game also levels up automatically,so technically you could beat the whole game in level 1.
The second minus i think is the spellselection. There really isn´t that much to choose from. I compare it to Neverwinter Nights where you have stuff like chain lightning,fireballs you can set out that explode when someone walks near,death magic,flaming arrows,magic missiles etc. In Oblivion you basically only have spells that target one person at a time.

Oblivion is definitely quite a marvel to look at, yet somemwhat lacking in depth as opposed to Morrowind but I enjoyed the various side-quests you are sent on.
The main quest is very short and boring, though.

Oblivion and Morrowind are awesome.
Oblivion loses a point for having no crossbows
Morrowind loses a point for making me run round in circles trying to remember what I needed to do for a quest
Both lose a point for making me lose sleep
Can't wait for Elder Scrolls V, but in the meantime, has everyone seen the gameplay videos of Fallout 3? Screams GOTY to me.
http://www.gametrailers.com/game/4758.html