embarrasing bands/artists you liked before getting into metal

ha

This actually seems like it could be a funny good thread. I'm not confessing first!.

fine I'll go first. when I was a kid I liked Weird Al and Milli Vanilli

go ahead, make fun of me.

the only ones i would consider embarrassing are wwf cds. i still openly like stuff most on here would find embarrassing.

Well, I got into metal way before nu metal even existed. So this is some of this suck I used to like when I was 11/12 (I'm almost 30 now):

Motely Crue
Warrant
Aerosmith
Bon Jovi
Def Leppard
Skid Row
Guns N Roses
Poison

The Cranberries
Garbage
Alanis Morisette
Prodigy
Godsmack
The Dave Mathews Band
Blues Traveller
Spineshank
Rage Against The Machine

When younger I was really social into MTV mainstream society and the radio.

The Cranberries
Garbage
Alanis Morisette
Prodigy
Godsmack
The Dave Mathews Band
Blues Traveller
Spineshank
Rage Against The Machine

When younger I was really social into MTV mainstream society and the radio.

I hope my little brother turns out like you.

I pray to Tyr that this happens.

I mainly listened to Final Fantasy soundtracks, film scores, and various novelty artists until I was 13/14, which marked my entrance into the world of mainstream music. I started with rap/hip hop, phased into modern/hard rock/punk, and eventually came about metal. It's been about a year and a half since then.

EDIT: "since then" meaning since I discovered metal.

slipknot
korn
system of a down
mudvayne
BLS

shit like that. I however did like slayer, metallica, and pantera about the same time I liked these bands, so Im not too bad I guess. I still like the three, just havent listened to them in a while.

I never liked any newer pop, I listened to classic rock and some eighties metal before discovering Morbid Angel.

Garbage
Prodigy

You must be easily embarassed.

The only CD purchase that I feel somewhat bad about is the fact that I owned a Limp Bizkit album when I was in highschool. I no longer listen to a lot of stuff I listened to back then but most of it isn't embarassing to me. Limp Bizkit has no redeeming qualities of any kind though, there's just no excuse for that.

im no embarrassed by any of the music i listen to. why the fuck would you be? sure, some of it is boring now, but its hardly something to be embarrassed about.

ive liked everything from rap, to punk to radio rock and pop. never got into rnb and country music though ... so i suppose that could be why im not embarrassed :lol: