EMG 85 vs. 81 Sound Clips (by me)

After a good bit of experience with the bass sound...

...you have to get a RAT. It lets the middy growl through and you can still hear the bass.. I've given up on DI because I just don't feel like I need it.

Jeff

Hmm, I think in order to release we need to write. Minor problem. I don't think the three of us have actually all been in the same room at the same time in a couple months. That's really strange when you consider that we have stems of about four songs written... productivity is a strange thing. But we both now have M-Audio ProjectMix I/O's going into M-Audio powered monitors (Kaz has BX8a's, I have BX5a's).

This album should be much more "country-prog-melodeath-classical-black-heavy-soul"-full (think I covered all the bases). :lol:

By the way, how do people find dead threads from almost 3 years ago???

I love playing acoustic. There's such a natural quality to having the sound resonate through the actual instrument and come back to you as opposed to having it converted to a signal then driven back via an amp. All the little quirks in playing come out alot more prominently on acoustics which is really great. *thumbs up to classical style guitar*

With the EMGs... no I don't hate Andy's productions, well apart from the Opeth DVD which I don't really hate but more dislike. I just simply preffer the sound of passive pickups, I don't really know how else to put it. Andy can use whatever he wants to get the sounds he does on his albums... lord knows its served him well so far :) but for my own playing and for my own tastes I preffer passive pickups. Maybe that prefference will change in time, but at the moment it's set.

:D I had a good lol over this post!

(Moonalpse now plays a C7 Hellraiser :lol: )

:D I had a good lol over this post!

(Moonalpse now plays a C7 Hellraiser :lol: )

I thought the exact same thing when I read it yesterday. I usually read 3/4 of the thread before I look at the date, but not this time. If I had read all before looking at the date I would have been more confused than usual. :loco: At least he saw the light. :p

Hmm, I think in order to release we need to write. Minor problem. I don't think the three of us have actually all been in the same room at the same time in a couple months. That's really strange when you consider that we have stems of about four songs written... productivity is a strange thing. But we both now have M-Audio ProjectMix I/O's going into M-Audio powered monitors (Kaz has BX8a's, I have BX5a's).

This album should be much more "country-prog-melodeath-classical-black-heavy-soul"-full (think I covered all the bases). :lol:

By the way, how do people find dead threads from almost 3 years ago???

You'll just have to get cracking. No sleep for you until new Backmask. Grr...

Jeff

I play emg 85ies in my caparison angelus
and 89 in the neck in one of them.

The tone is ridicilously good :D

Killswitch engage
Soilwork
James Murphy
what the hell, even steve in toto plays emg 85.

And I don't think any of these sounds alike.

That a note how veristile they are.

Yeah, the whole 'EMGs make every guitar sound the same' has led to a few good rants from people who do actually know what the fuck they're talking about...

I'll shortly be getting another Rondo guitar with EMGs in it, so since I've ordered an 81 and I'll be ordering an 85 shortly I'll have to make some more clips. Who wants free jazz?

Jeff