EMG Het Set

Lasse Lammert

HCAF Blitzkrieg
Feb 12, 2009
www.lasselammert.com
kicks ass!

I just put the JH set into my ESP SV, to close the gap to the J50BC equipped RR1 a little, and it worked.

they sound a bit more passive with a bit more bottom end than the 81, they're still really tight though.
The output is quite a bit hotter than the 81s output!

you sacrifice a little of the "polished" sounding qualikties of the 81..only an 81 sounds like an 81, the JH does sound a bit different, but it certainly offers a more "passive" feel...liking it so far.

Interesting. They definitely do have something cool going for them. On this particular track I might even prefer them over the 81. The 81's tightness can be a great asset, but can also make stuff sound 2d. On this track, the JH makes the guitars sound a bit more alive, while still being tight enough for sure.

Thanks for the effort!

JH seemed a bit brighter too... kinda "broader", more hi-fi with the added bottom end and top end.

I liked both.

Were you running both @9 or 18V?

Here's the downside:
Live (and in rehearsal) I'm using the old akg guitar bug system,
The manual of the receiver says, that the clip light should/could occasionally light up on very hard hits.
With the het it's lit pretty much constantly, and the little input adjustment screw is down all the way already.

Time for a new wireless I guess

In case anyone is interested, I e-mailed EMG about the possibility of getting just the individual bridge pickup from the Het Set. I was informed that they plan on selling the individual models in a few months from now.

In case anyone is interested, I e-mailed EMG about the possibility of getting just the individual bridge pickup from the Het Set. I was informed that they plan on selling the individual models in a few months from now.

hopefully, no need for a neck pickup :D