emocore

Can't say I'm a huge fan of the genre if you could call it that, but some of the better bands people have played for me are hopesfall, and poison the well, though they've been mentioned. Haste the day wasn't bad the first few times I've heard them, but they have christian themes which was a bit of a turn off for me.

swizzlenuts said:
i have heard poisen the well, and i dont really like this genre, but how about today is the day? not sure what they are but i think they are close
Today is the Day is in no way related to emo. You'll have an easier time trying to find similarities with Immolation and emo than you would with TitD.

I would recommend Poison the Well's earlier material, particularly the album "The Opposite of December," which is in my opinion the single finest hardcore/metalcore album ever released. Beyond that, try Every Time I Die. I'm not certain that they encompass any emo elements whatsoever, but they're definitely the most interesting hardcore-oriented band at the moment, at least for me.

Luminous seems to be quite knowledgeable on the genre. If you're fortunate, he'll locate the topic and recommend some bands for you.

Neurosis not emo
Pelican not emo
Isis not emo
Ephel Duath not emo
Yakuza never heard
Botch not emo
Converge not emo
Cave In not emo
Dillinger Escape Plan not emo

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]What the heck *is* emo, anyway?[/font]
http://www.fourfa.com/

sikth said:
Straight emo is neither hardcore nor metal! If you want an example of an emo band go listen to Dashboard confessional.

Oh my god no. Shut the fuck up and listen to Rites of Spring or Fugazi.

Dashboard Confessional has bastardized the name of a genre that used to be really good.

ok whatever I was just listing bands i liked that has hardcore influence. so just ignore my post if you are looking for emo i guess but the bands i listed are good if you want hardcore/metal noise jazz

First Blood said:
Oh my god no. Shut the fuck up and listen to Rites of Spring or Fugazi.

Dashboard Confessional has bastardized the name of a genre that used to be really good.

I'm sorry mr.nazi, I was unaware of emo's true origins before this thread. OMFG WHAT A CRIME! You didn't see me telling ffanatic to shut the fuck up when I thought he was wrong did you?

Anyway, Flaming Death, your post might not have included any emo/emocore bands but I like it. Those are some of my favourite hardcore/noise bands too :wave:

MightyA said:
Neurosis not emo
Pelican not emo
Isis not emo
Ephel Duath not emo
Yakuza never heard
Botch not emo
Converge not emo
Cave In not emo
Dillinger Escape Plan not emo
hey, check out the title of the list before you dissect it as an emoband list. heheh.

kollex said:
poison the well (the forefathers of the genre)
haste
length of time
avenged sevenfold
envy
I hate those bands. They're all terrible. I like some hardcore but I can not stand that emo shit or whatever.