Enchant - Best Of

DT Jesus

Licensed Progtologist
Feb 6, 2002
Wisconsin
www.progpages.com
Any of you guys and gals attempt to compile your own "best of" mix? It's one of my favorite passtimes for the bands I love most. I'm not sure I'll be able to make it with just one disc, though (despite trimming a few songs with personal edits). Just too much good material. Anyone care to share your tracklists if you've done so?

btw, I don't have Tug of War yet, how much room should I leave for it?

just looking for opinions and discussion,
-matt

I don´t have a Best of Enchant CD yet, but it would roughly look like this. (Thrown together "in the blink of an eye", mind you.)

1. The Thirst
2. Sinking Sand*
3. My Enemy
4. Mettle Man
5. Under Fire*
6. Nighttime Sky*
7. In the Dark*
8. At Death´s Door*
9. Prognosis*
10. Comatose*

The ones with an asterisk next to them are definite locks for me... I´m not sure about the rest yet.

Mine would easily be:

At Death's Door
Nighttime Sky
Pure
Broken
New Moon
Break
King(Breaking...that's a pretty weird coincidence)
What To Say
Colors Fade
Black Eyes And Broken Glass
Under Fire
Despicable
Tug Of War
Hold The Wind
Comatose

These are the essential Enchant songs IMO

I once did a compilation trying to include songs from every album. I came up with these:

Enchanted
Below Zero
Mettle Man
My Enemy
Paint The Picture
Colors Fade
Under Fire
Sinking Sand
Comatose

Hi guys. I am new to the board. Just gonna jump right in =]

What to Say
Monday
Seeds of Hate
Prognosis
Comatose
Tug of War
Black Eyes and Broken Glass
Juggling Knives
Under Fire
Shell of a Man
My Gavel Hand
Rough Draft
Paint the Picture
Invisible
:headbang:

I haven't really made a best of list, but I did make a cd full of mp3s, and the following Enchant tracks made it on the first version.

Oasis
The Thirst
Enchanted
Pure
Below Zero
Fade to Grey
Blind Sided
Interact
King
My Enemy
Defenseless
My Gravel Hand
Juggling Knives
Colors Fade
Under Fire
Monday
Seeds of Hate
Prognosis
Tug of War
Progtology
See no Evil

I've got way more Enchant songs on this cd than any other band, but I might trim a few off on my next revision (current version has some audio errors at the end of the disk, so I've got to drop my song list by a bit).

I keep thinking I'll get burned out on Enchant, but I never do. =)

On the topic of MP3 CDs, I have two 700mb MP3 collections of what I call "powder prog" (ballady prog). Between the two comps I have eight Enchant tunes from Blueprint through TL plus Blink (Acquanitance, Look Away, New Moon, Under the Sun, Ultimate Gift, Foundations, Pure, and Follow the Sun), and I have to believe that each one already has a spot on my forthcoming Best-Of. (56 minutes chewed up right there! yikes! I guess it's a 2cd set...)

BTW, no one has yet given me a direct indication of what to expect from Tug of War. How many best-of songs do you figure that album contains?

-matt

DT Jesus said:
BTW, no one has yet given me a direct indication of what to expect from Tug of War. How many best-of songs do you figure that album contains?-matt
My answer is: 4.

:cool:

Okay, here they are: Sinking Sand, Beautiful, Progtology, Comatose.

Here's mine....they will fit nicely on a 2 CD set -- or for the upcoming DVD gig....in chronological order...no surprises here for anyone who knows me...

The Thirst
Oasis
Aquaintance
NIGHTTIME SKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (hint!)
Below Zero
Pure
Hostile World
Look Away
Under the Sun
My Enemy
Paint the Picture
What to Say